PBS Carrier

SongCurious

Reaction score
In the last episode of PBS' Carrier miniseries, "Full Circle," a really pretty Hawaiian/tropical song was playing over a collage of shots of the crew preparing to go home and the ship which revealed one of its sailors was actually singing it. He was playing what I assume is a ukelele, and the lyrics I remember are: 'For you I'll climb the highest mountain or swim the deepest sea...I will never give up on you....' (That last part was in the chorus.) I wasn't able to identity it through Google, and it's not listed on PBS' site amongst the other credited songs from the show. Anyone out there recognize it?

Nobody knows who did this song, unless it changed with each episode - in which case the theme song for episode 9 is the one my wive is curious about.

thank you.

:huh:

No doctormemory, as I said in my post it wasn't any of the songs mentioned on PBS' website. CWR hit the nail on the head. You know, I had a funny feeling in the back of mind that it might be a personally written song--and I was thinking that would be a good thing and shame, really, since after I saw a sailor was actually singing it I figured I would probably end up liking his version better. :p But at least I can download it and watch it if nothing else; have to see if there's a way to extract the audio from the video, I guess. Thanks a ton for finding it!!

It looks like these different topics were merged, SongCurious - doctormemory's response to my question was spot-on; I'd visited that page a few times before but had never noticed the video of the theme composition. Thank you. :)

Originally posted by CWR@May 3 2008, 03:53 PM
It looks like these different topics were merged, SongCurious - doctormemory's response to my question was spot-on
Yes, the topics were merged into this single thread. ;)

On the PBS.org website for Carrier, it did say that the theme music was written and performed by Edward Bilous. If you were like me, you read through the credits quickly and I realized that it needed another slow read due to the amount of music credited. Also, I am almost positive that it credited that sailor singing the hawaiian music with the ukele as the songwriter(unless I read through that info too quickly as well).

Ah, I appreciate your clearing up my confusion CWR--I came around again after the merge and didn't realize there had been another topic, so I thought doctormemory's suggestion was aimed at me. ;) And lipsnhips, I never thought to look in the credits for that information, just the music page since I was assuming it was a previously published song. I'll have to remember that in the future as another research avenue. Thanks again all!

Back