Nissan Maxima

HeadCrash

Reaction score
I have been looking for this song for a long time. Unfortunately they stopped airing the commercial by the time I decided to do something about finding the song. I believe it was aired earlier this year (summer maybe). It features a Nissan Altima or Maxima with a setting sun in the background. As the sun is just about out of view the car starts driving forward and as it travels over the horizon the sun is again visible. The song is very calm, and features a woman singing a very basic beat. Please, if anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

TIA
HeadCrash

If I were a bettin' man (tho' I'm not, really), I might bet that that might be Suzanne Vega - Tom's Diner (The DNA remix).

And, that it was the Maxima. :)

Try this page out for a sample of the song, and lemme know if that's the one.

< clicky! >

Hope that helps!

=) happyjud

Thanks to everyone for your help with this song. That is exactly the one I was looking for. I was beginning to lose all hope.
On a side note, I just have to say that I absolutely love this site and everything it does, not to mention the people that make it all happen.

Thanks again,
HeadCrash

Hey, guys.

I am looking for the song that was in a car commercial that probably started playing two or three years ago.

I forgot what brand of car it was for, but I will try to describe the commercial as best as I can.

In the beginning, it shows a car (I think it's a black one) at the beginning of a road, just sitting there not moving. During this part, the chorus of the song that I am talking about is playing. Then, the chorus stops and the car starts speeding and speeding towards a huge sunset, and you see a huge sun setting. Finally, the car comes to a sudden stop and the chorus starts playing again.

I NEED to know what song that is. I heard it on the radio before. What I do know is that it's a woman singing the song, and in the chorus, the woman is humming, "du du du du, du du du du, du du du du du du du du." I know that may not help much, but I'm typing, and therefore cannot sing hum the chorus out the way it should.

Thanks.

I can't say I remember the ad but I'm hearing (I think) Dido in my head. I just can't recall the name of the song or any other lyrics. :(

dido, vega, luka, tom... it's all very similar! ;)

anyway, good song.

First of all this looks like a great forum.

I'm looking for a song from an old (probably really old) nissan commercial, it was a sedan of some kind. Its a popish kind of song and it has the line "du du du du" (or maybe do's are better) in it and they are repeated several times in a row, its probably the chorus. I think it is, or at least was a fairly popular song in its time.

Thanks if anyone can help

I really really need to know the song that was in a fairly old car commercial. I can't remember exactly what the brand of the car was, but I remember that there was a car and the song was soft and catchy, woman's voice, nothing but "do do do" repeated over and over, and then the car accelerated and then after it stopped, it was the same song, only with a techno-type remix... I'm sorry it's so vague, but I really need to know! Thanks in advance!

Maybe "Tom's Diner" by Suzanne Vega?

You can hear a clip here, track 2.

Yes! That's it, thank you so much! It's funny, though, because I listen to Suzanne Vega all the time, but I never knew she sang that song... Thank you again!

There is this really great song with a woman just singing "da da da da" (but with a tune). It was used in a car commercial a while ago: the song, which is peaceful and quiet, would play, then the carwould take off and drive really loudly, then it would stop and the song would play again. Sorry, i don't know the commercial or the artist or anything. If you have any idea what I'm talking about I'd appreciate it.

Maybe "Tom's Diner" by Suzanne Vega? You can hear a clip here, track 2.

Back