Nissan Armada

Maybe it's not the same ad that I'm thinking of ...

But here goes my two cents ...

I vaguely remember a car ad (not too terribly long ago) for, I think, the Nissan Xterra which we see parked on a sorta secluded beach area ...
I then remember some people getting ready to go surfing out in the water, and lo and behold, to provide them with some kickass background music, was none other than Dick Dale ...

He plugs in his guitar to an amp ...

Cranks out the beginning of "Miserlou" I believe ...

Maybe this is the same ad, maybe not ... but it's my attempt to help ... so there ...

Good luck! B)

This commercial was on a while back, maybe a couple of years ago. It's set at a beach, and there's a family unpacking their things from a car with carrying capacity (like a stationwagon or a very small SUV). Somehow with them is what must be an old rocker from the sixties wearing a trunkated wetsuit for surfing and he starts playing on his electric guitar. It's a very fast guitar line from an old sixties instrumental which he probably wrote; his name is on the neck of the guitar. Sorry I can't provide more - thanks for any replies.

Would this person be surf-guitar legend Dick Dale?

Thank you! What a great site. The woman who turned me on to this site is making a CD for me, the theme of which is 60s instrumentals featuring tube amp guitars. I'm e-mailing her now.

Back