Nissan 350z

I am looking for a song from a car commercial. I believe it was a Nissan X model but am not sure. The song is a folksy type of song where the singer says he is going to go for a "car ride" and then makes the "broom broom" sound while the car is showed driving around streets.
Does anybody know this?????? Please...thanks

This has been answered a number of times as "Riding in my car" by Jumping Jack Elliot

Ramblin Jack Elliot was influenced by Woodie Guthrie and they actually became traveling partners at one time (back in the 50's.) Both do a version of the song. Guthrie actually composed the song. The song on the commerical may well be the Ramblin Jack version (its full length is about 1:05 while the Guthrie version is about 3:52)

Ive tried to download all those songs, and I cant. Anyone know where I possibly could?

this song has been bugging me for a while... its the nissan commercial, i forget which car it is... the song has a guitar in the background na d a guy singing something like "lets go riding in the car again, i wanna go riding in the car, take me in the car" or something along those lines.

i thought maybe it was a nissan made song or made especially for the commercial, thats why i couldnt find it. any help would be appreciated

Originally posted by coolfox1988@Nov 9 2005, 05:14 AM
Hi

I believe the answer to your question is;

"Car Song" by Ramblin' Jack Elliott

Hope this is right!

Thanks
yeah, you're right. i just found it.

Hey, does anyone know the name and artist of that Nissan song that goes "Take me ridin' in the car..." and the singer proceeds to make engine noises with his lips? I've serached all over and can't find it.

Song is fast...sounds like old time twangy country...I believe its a sporty type car in the commerical - mostly driving fast through a downtown like atmosphere. I see this commercial much less than when it first came out...

any ideas?

Is it the one with the lyrics about "taking a ride in my car car" and then the singer makes like engine vroom vroom noises?

Woody Guthrie also has a version of this song floating around, but as the wise and venerable capnmunch has indicated above, the Nissan 350Z commercial uses the Ramblin' Jack Elliot version.

Back