NBA on ESPN

catamount

Reaction score
does anyone know where i cand find the new espn nba 2006 season promo music? than ks in advance, ive been looking for 4 days now

There's an instrumental hiphop track that plays in the latest NBA Premiere Week commercials on ESPN.

Its an uptempo track with plenty of horns in it.

I swear I've heard it before but my collection is too big to look through.

I've been looking for a link to the commercial but I can't find it on the net.

I'm hoping some of you have seen the commercial on ESPN or ABC and already ID-ed the track.

Thanks in advance.

(If you're watching the football game on ESPN right now, you're bound to see this commercial a few times before the game ends.)

Let's go pats!!!! bruschi is back baby!!!!

I think its ghostrider or ghostwriter, not sure of the title though.

Hey cleanfloor,

Do you mean the artist's name is Ghostwriter/Ghostrider?

Do you have any more information on the artist?

I can't find artist info on the web.

Originally posted by Rampantk@Oct 30 2005, 08:36 PM
Its "Ghostwriter" by RJD2, great song.
And wouldn't you know it, I actually have Dead Ringer.

Should have known that.

Thanks guys.

Is all 70s-ish, playing disco-funky kinda music.

Commercial shows Pistons vs somebody at 7, and somebody else at 10. Shown on ESPN. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

wow, ignore this, found it in another thread!

Ghostwriter by RJD2

Anybody know the song that ESPN was using to advertise its NBA doubleheaders recently? There is one by the group Pepe Deluxe called "Maddaddy" but I'm looking for the other one, it has a hip-hop sound to it (instrumental) and a strong horn section. Thanks in advance!

i could have the wrong commercial in mind but i think i know the one you are talking about.

Artist - RJD2
Song - Ghostwriter

hope this helps

Drew, I listened to the RJD2 song and, unless the part used in the commercial is not within the Amazon preview, that's not the one. But I had never heard of this guy before and his music is pretty good, so I appreciate your suggestion. They are still showing the commercial with the music I am looking for (I saw it 2X last night) so if you happen to catch it, maybe it will jar your memory. Thank you very much for all your help.

i checked out the amazon.com sample, and it is a remix of the song. In the orignal verison of the song, if you can find a sample of it, at 1:30 into the song is the sample espn uses for it NBA commericals, the ones that are kinda retro 70's animation looking. hope this helps.

drewg, thanks so much for your help! I will find a way to get my hands on that track...

Are there an other artists in the hip-hop instrumental genre that you can recommend? I am familiar with DJ Shadow and Handsome Boy Modeling School has some good ones, but anything else you can think of that you like?

you may wanna check out kid koala. pretty good stuff. but rjd2 is probably the best out right now. most of his stuff is great.

There are two songs I'm inquiring about. First does anyone know where you can get the NBA fastbreak theme from? Second whats the song that keeps saying this is why we watch and what not on ESPN. It doesnt actually say the words but they appear on the screen and they go with the tune.

Ok you're in luck...I even registered just to answer you.

Guess not all Yankee fans are THAT bad.

1) NBA ESPN Commercial "...This Is Why We Watch.."

That cut is called: Ghostwriter by RJD2.

This website has it for free....least it was when I bumped it.

http://www.pleasedontshoot.us/isthisafling/?p=29

Peace out

Thank you, smoke8r! You are the bomb, I've been trying to find out about this song for ages! My girlfriend just told me she heard it on an nba ad. I just joined to find out about this tune, YOU ROCK!

Back