Music for the End of the World

Kobey65

Reaction score
I am getting ready to start filming a short movie that's gonna have something to do with "the end of the world" (means not yet known) and I'm trying to find some good music that represents that kind of eerie/epic feel. For example one that I realy enjoy is "Idioteque" by Radiohead, it just sounds so mysterious and doom-filled and it is practically about the end of the world from what I can tell. However I would also love some purely instrumental pieces. If anyone has any suggestions I could really use your help. Thanx alot.

Though it's not an instrumental, "Mad World" by Gary Jules would seem like a good fit.

Here are some random songs that might fit your description:

"Right Here, Right Now" by Fatboy Slim?

"Black Mamba-Teddybears Remix" (From Snakes on a plane) by The Academy Is...

"Stripped" by Shiny Toy Guns (Originally by Depeche Mode, but STG does a very good electro-goth remake)

"Hope" (Instrumental Version!!) - Apocalyptica

"Cells" - The Servant (Good! Very good!) (There's also an instrumental version floating around on the internet somewhere)

"Idiotique" - The Section (Instrumental string quartet tribute to Radiohead)

By the way, Idiotique is an awesome song. One of my favorites.

Go HERE. Start clicking CD covers and listening to samples. See if any of it is what you're looking for.

not instrumental but "When the World Ends" (paul oakenfold remix) by Dave matthews band off of the second Matrix soundtrack is a good one.

Various Production - Thunnk
Hybrid - Secret Circles
Leaf - Intelligent Design
Matmos - Snails & Lasers for Patrice Highsmith
Sasha - Immortal
A Perfect Circle - Counting Bodies Like Sheep
At The Drive-In - Arc Arsenal
Autechre - Second Bad Vilbel
Ian Brown & UNKLE - Reign
Unknown Error - Sucker Punch
Evol Intent - Glock Party
Timo Maas - Slip In Electrokid
UNKLE - Loney Souls
X-Press 2 - Kill 100 (Full Length Version)

Dies Irae - Verdi

the first minute is or so is fantastic, it's apocolyptic, glorious, end of the world feeling, etc

Pink Floyd - Goodbye Blue Sky

Elton John - Funeral For A Friend (about the first 2 minutes are pretty gloomy sounding)

Danny Elfman - (Edward Scissorhands) The Grand Finale

Sigur Ros - Svefn-g-englar (actually alot of Sigur Ros tunes could be fitting)

that's all i can think of for now.. *sigh* :p

Back