mtvU

Dr. Whiggs

Reaction score
The video features a guy going to a bar and and an animated (rotoscoped, perhaps?) woman singing a song. They never play credits with it and the singer is the only animated person, all the others are flesh and blood.

Woman is in blue dress, black ponytail, guy is skinny, white t-shirt and black sweater. Please assist. It's preying on my mind.

They're still not airing the song ID on this one, but I tracked it down via the lyrics:

Mark Ronson, "Oh My God".

And wow, that *is* a catchy song.

(Oh, and I should add, Mark Ronson is only the producer for the track, though he's the one it's credited to. Suffice it to say, if the singer on the track sounds like Lily Allen, that's because it is.)

On the channel MTVu there are these little bump screens that say that you're watching MTVu and play random music or sounds. It probably looks different for each region, because mine says the name of my college.

I'm writing for one of two reasons:
First, I know what two of the songs featured on the bump are becuase i downloaded one and discovered it was that song, and went looking for another based on lyrics.

YouTube - Air - Cherry Blossom Girl

YouTube - Toby Lightman Devils and Angels

Second, does anyone know what any of the other songs are?

MTVU commercial/ song in Jersey Shore episode 4

So there is this commercial on mtvu every once in a while with that eye exam test (a Snellen Chart) promoting a new video and the song I would like to know has a sample of a piano doing a trill with a double bass and it is a pretty slow beat. There are no discernable lyrics but its such a short instrumental clip. They also used it in Jersey Shore episode 4 around when it was raining, the middle of the episode. Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: MTVU commercial with eye chart

I recorded the song off of another show but it is also in the mtvu commercial with the eye chart, introducing new music.

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=NESSYx

Whatever it is, it samples Joe Williams' cover version of "Get Out Of My Life, Woman". Doesn't appear to be any of the songs listed on WhoSampled for that song, though.

Compare:

And yes, in case it sounds familiar from elsewhere, that sample is also used in Jamie Cullum's "Get Your Way".

Last edited:
MTVU commercial

I've been asking unsuccessfully in several pages for the name of the song in this MTVu commercial:
I hope someone here knows!! Thanks in advance!

Back