Motorola SLVR

OBimmerWan

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I just saw a new Motorola SLVR commercial. The commercial opens with this teen-age looking woman opening the door leading outside. As she's opening the door, the music starts and the lyrics go something like this:

"...So happy...today's the day...things will turn around...
So keep your head up/
Things are alright"

The woman is wearing a gray trench coat and black beanie, and she grabs the SLVR that's suspended in the air thanks to the miracle of CG.

The song is sung by a woman and it is a very mellow sounding tune with a subtle bass line and equally subtle acoustic guitar. It's great! If someone knows this tune, please enlighten me.

Thanks.

Hey Phyltre,

YOU 'DA MAN (OR WOMAN)! Your clue is correct! I just downloaded it off iTunes!

My iPod nano and I thank you.

To reiterate:

Song: "Lesson No. 1"
Artist: Viva Voce
Album: Heat Can Melt Your Brain

I just heard this SLVR commercial on adult swim and since I have that Viva Voce CD, came here to look and see if anyone else had recognized it too. They're a great indie duo and that whole CD is really good, it's nice to see them get attention...

Theres a new commercial for the moto slvr and it has a female voice singin a song that perhaps is a remix of another song. Anybody have any idea what I'm talking about?

i was on my computer and it caught my ear.
the lyrics are something like "you really have an effect on me"
a woman's voice...

and as i type this, another one for the same product, different commercial!
lyrics "things are alright"...
a different woman's voice....

this commercials are slick
this is my first post here, hopefully i'll have some luck!

Originally posted by leone@Feb 4 2006, 04:40 PM
"Lesson No. 1" by Viva Vove (Amazon) ()
i think that's the song for the second commercial she's talking about. there's another Moto/Cingular/Itunes commercial airing too that uses another song

hey thanks leone... i just bouth it on itunes... it's strange though, the bass sounds distorted or something.... i'm checking out some of vive voce's other stuff too.... pretty good :)

this forum rocks! nothing beats instant gratification!

Hey everyone,
I am looking for the woman that sings the song on the new Motorola SLVR commercial. The song is slow and sultry and she is saying something like " you really have an effect on me" I hope someone can find out who sings it :)

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie here, just found the site trying to find the song agent and fox mentioned as the first SLVR song they heard. Woman singing "you've got this strange effect on me....and I like it".

I fianlly was able to read the face on the spinning cell phone and found that the song is This Strange Effect by Hooverphonic from their album Blue Wonder Power Milk.

Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B000009QOY/ad...s-20/ref=nosim/

Hope this was helpful.

Ok, I am in dire need of getting this song.

The ad for the cell phone that is "smaller" (I am quoting the things that were in the ad) then the Razor... The Cell phone was moving from side to side, top to bottom and at one point when it was going down, it said something like "Blue Wonder"... Apparently, I typed in Blue Wonder for music and never got a result and I haven't seen the commercial since.. It's been about 3 days.

The osng is very ambient and it has women vocals scattered throughout the song. Sounded sort of trance'ish also...

Thnx in advance.

just saw an ad for that motorola cellphone (the one with itunes). it's for that motoSLVR phone and the song goes something like this: "things are all around ....". what's the name of that song or at least the artist?

I think you mean Hooverphonic's This Strange Effect. Do these lyrics sound familar? Is it a woman's voice?

You’ve got this strange effect on me
And I like it

And I like it

You make my world in white
You make my darkness bright, oh yes
And I like it, and I like it

And I like the way you kiss me
Don’t know if I should
But this feeling it’s love and I know it
That’s why I feel good

And I like it

And I like it

You make my world in white
You make my darkness bright, oh yes
And I like it, and I like it

GOT IT! it's "Lesson no. 1" by viva voce. thx fred and everyone else who tried to help :)

that's strange. I was looking for this song too but the phone says Hooverphonic on what's playing. why?

There's a commercial advertising the new MOTO SLVR...

Lush, Bacharach/1968 style orchestations over a breathy woman's voice (a'la Marilyn Monroe's Happy B-day to JFK)

"There's something coming over me...and i like it."

it's haunting.

Back