Monster.com

swanner

Reaction score
There's a new monster.com commercial out there, and the featured song is eluding me. It starts out with accordion and then goes into guitar. Can anyone name that tune?

could it be Objection by Shakira?
i never saw the commercial but that is one song i can think of that starts with an accordian and then goes to guitar

Nope, it's a much more hard-driving song than that... I have floating around in my head that it's something like Iggy Pop or Social Distortion or something, but it's still eluding me.

Come on, you guys have to be able to come up with this one. I saw this commercial too and the tune seems familiar, but I certainly don't know the name of the song/artist. :)

The bands name is on the tip of my tongue and it's doing my head in now might even be Tenpole Tudor but I can't find any audio samples to check. Anyway you can watch the ad here

I haven't seen the ad on TV, but I watched the ad Rob linked to, and the song on that one is "Judy is a Punk" by the Ramones (off their self-titled album).

If I see the real ad, I'll try to notice the song.

Hope this helps.

Unfortunately, that's not the right ad :). This one starts out with an accordian. It's a very catchy tune.

I've been looking online to see if I can find a copy of the ad, but so far haven't had any luck.

The Ramones...thanks Magoo..You saved me a headache. They crossed my mind but I dismissed them before I thought properly...Silly me.

My apologies to MGMorden I thought that was the ad you meant.

I should have kept my mouth shut, sorry. I don't know the ad you mean then.

This commercial has been bugging me too because the song is so stinking catchy. Anyways, you can find a copy of the commercial on the Monster.com website, there ought to be a link in about the middle.
Stichar

The only thing I remember (of another Monster ad), is that people are talking about getting a job ...............wait a minute.................. I just saw the ad. its the "Today's the day" ad

Woo!!! That's it... and now I've figured out where I heard it before... Sleep With Me, an old 90's Eric Stolz movie that I always wanted the soundtrack to. Thanks Finchy!

:blink: Hey! I was wondering if anyone knows what the background music is to the Monster.com commerical. Thanks!

This is one really catchy commercial. :lol:

Thanks for the info on it!

Now I can rip... I mean... buy the song. :ph34r:

This exact same thing happened to me.

I watched Sleep with Me two or three years ago and was absolutely fascinated with this song, though I could never track it down. Then, today, I heard this radio commerical while working (I'm in Portland, OR) and, while I didn't recognize the song as the one from Sleep with Me, I knew I had to have it at whatever cost. I've spent most of the evening trying to track it down and, finally, have it. It's on repeat and probably will be for a few weeks. It's such an amazing song! And that ad is so incredibly effective, even more so on the radio, in my opinion, since it seems like it's speaking directly to you rather than the people shown on the screen. So now I have several good connotations with this song- not only the fulfillment for finally finding this, but also the inspiring meritocratic images represented by the words. And, aside from all that, it's just one hell of an awesome song!

Just thought I'd share my story.

Back