MLB highlight song

thjoker2242

Reaction score
Im not talking about the MLB song... Its a dramatic song they use during sports highlights.. i just heard it today on fox before the redsox/yankees cardinal/cubs game, when they were defining rivalry.Also when they showed the "top 10 playoff homeruns"during the playoffs in 05. They also use it alot in the old WWF "best of wrestlemania" type movies. The begining sounds identical to prologue from hook, but it begins to change. Yes, i know these arnt very good details but its the best i got.
Thanks alot

is this s song with words or instrumental? i'm looking for the song played in the background of the MLB world series opening game promo-thing.

I've heard that knock off piece before too, and I always think it's going to be the Hook "Prologue"—I mean, the intro with the horns and strings is (note for note) practically the same. :rolleyes: Unfortunately, I have no idea what it's called. Here is the Williams original in case someone can help i.d. the knock off:

Iv been looking for the name of this song for years. They play it all the time when they are showing historic sports moments before a game. For example, last year FOX played it during this little intro of the most memorable playoff homeruns before their first playoff game.
The begining sounds simular to John Williams hook theme.
I just happen to have some WWF video with the song in the backround. Its a bit hard to hear but its the main part of the song. Hopefully someone can reconize it.
two different clips

I really can't hear it very well, but if you think it sounds like John Williams, it could also be James Newton Howard. He does a ton of soundtracks too. Sorry I can't be of more help.

I thought I'd seen this topic before. I think he, or she, is looking for the trailer music from The Nightmare Before Christmas.

trailer

If this is indeed the piece in question, then according to Soundtrack Net it by composer John Beal:

* THEATRICAL TRAILER Edward Scissorhands (1990) - Danny Elfman
* The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) - Danny Elfman
* "Original Trailer Music" - John Beal

Back