Milk

Goldschmythan

Reaction score
I am keenly aware that the song from the mid section of this trailer is "Almost Martyrs" from Thomas Newman's score for "The Life of David Gale". I'm searching for the operatic song that dominates the rest of it. The first citizen to find this song will be honorary duke in my highly anticipated upcoming kingdom, "France 64".

Humbly or Not,

Goldschmythan

Goldschmythan: it's so funny because I came on looking for the song played in the middle of the trailer because I KNEW I had seen the movie it was featured in, but could not put my finger on it - and you THANKFULLY identified it as being from The Secret Life of David Gale..... from, of course, the cinematic genius that is Thomas Newman.

So, THANK YOU, for that!

the very cool choral/full orchestra piece that dominates the rest of the trailer is equally impressive and I will do my best to find out what it is for you - it's the least I can do...

I've sung and performed a lot of opera/choral pieces/requiems/symphonies.... and I'm also a attuned to a lot of the great music featured in movies and on tv (as I'm sure most of people on this fantastic site are) - and yet upon the first few listens, nothing is ringing a bell.... but I'll pass it along to my personal resident experts and keep investigating, and hopefully, I'll come up with something pretty quickly!

Anyone else know what the piece is?

It sounds like "The Infinite Descent" by Thomas Newman from the Angels In America soundtrack is being used.

iTunes

Back