MGD Miller Genuine Draft

Well, because awhile back, CIAN wrote:

It looks like the band we're seeking is called "L.A.Z.Y.", AMG has this to say of their '95 release When We Were Young:

Adamski returned to music in 1994 when he formed L.A.Z.Y. with singer Loretta Young. The duo's single, "When We Were Young," blends house, funk and jazz with Middle Eastern elements. The 12-inch includes remixes by Tony Thorpe, Herb Peters and the Jet Slags.

In the beginning, people were going back and forth saying it WAS "way out" but then that it was not....im confused because the info. above, sounds like the song im lookin for...and its called "when we were young"??

and as CIAN wrote, it says the cd single features mixes by Tony Thorpe, Herb Peters and the Jet Slags. The cd I ordered, features all mixes by the groups/people just listed but the song is definitely not the one from the commercial. Its really recent sounding, club/dance kinda music. But the description sounds so accurate....singer Loretta Young, with middle eastern elements, jazz, funk, etc.

Fair enough, at least two of us got replies from Miller saying it was called "Way Out" maybe a lesson for us all. Has anybody actually asked Miller if "Way Out" is available to purchase and where? I can't find it anywhere.

It's unreleased. But Miss Match on NBC used it in the program so it could be library music or due for release soon.

Hmmmm.....well at least we found out that its called "Way Out" for sure now, and now "When we were young".....if only we could download it or buy it somewhere.....

Isn't it funny that Lazy has a hit (at least in our eyes) and yet don't seem to know it?

Lawrence

Sorry, guys (and gals), nothing to report. Gonna keep crossing my fingers, but after the above that it's unreleased I think we're kinda out of luck for now. Bah.

Also, apologies to all who might have been confused by me- I wasn't stating that the song would be on that LP, just that it sounded like a likely place to check; unfortunately I wasn't able to turn up any sites that had track listings on it.

I found a site that has several songs from this band, available to listen and download. It is www.ricktorres.com - there is a number to call to order the CD. We've had difficulty finding them because the first incarnation of the band was called Oversoul 7 which became Supreme Beings of Leisure. From what I understand, that band broke up and they went back to Oversoul 7. The name was then changed to Lazy, but because another band recorded under that name it will be changed to Lazy, Inc. I spoke to a member of the band on the phone when I ordered the CD and let him know that they were getting quite a bit of buzz on these sites. He told me their website was lazyinc.com, but I've had no luck accessing it so far. However, the good news is that after three months of searching, I've found this amazing music - I can't wait for the CD to come! Enjoy!

Josh

The name of the song is Way Out by Lazy. Just search on Google. It will cost you $.99. I've been looking for this song for months until today! Wayne Miller

Back