Metroid Prime 2

Originally posted by Couchtater328@May 11 2005, 07:55 PM
I believe that we never settled on a song. Most people just gave up and I ran out of ideas of what to search for or who to contact.
that way sucks...hmhm....no time for quiters..but there has to be a way..ill try my best and see whats the name of the song..i know i know..your probably saying good luck..lol...

I'm quite sure that the song was simply contracted out to some odd-ball studio (or studio musician) somewhere. For example: A friend of mine here in Seattle did one of the "I'm lovin' it" ads for McDonalds last year. The only credits he got were on the check they sent him. If Nintendo doesn't use an instantly recognizable tune or artist, they'll make one or pay someone to throw something catchy together -- they won't go half way.

That commercial doesn't sound much like Kenji Yamamoto either... but on the other hand, Metroid Prime doesn't sound anything like previous Metroid games, so how can we be sure? Anyone who really wants to know who actually programmed that little techno song ought to send out some physical letters (snail mail) or track down a phone number (local, not 800).

[My two cents: They should lose the techno and go back to the more organic sounding music in Super Metroid / Metroid. (I'm a drummer with a negative bias towards techno... still, anyone with me on this?) What makes Metroid so cool is how it meshes technology with biology. The music in Super Metroid could not have better expressed this concept. I really liked the first "Tallon Overworld" theme in Prime, but that's just nostalgia talking -- any nods to Metroid NES will make me smile. I often thought the electro-beats were corny and unfitting in Prime. Anyway, from what I've read, Metroid Prime 3 will be taking the music "in some new directions"... I hope this means what I think it means...]

Good luck on finding the name of the song. I apologize for going off topic a bit...

Ok I just signed up to this forum just for this

I have been trying for days to work this out, and the best I have heard (or possibly heard is:

fire mc fly by mc little higher (makes no sense at all, but maybe it can help in some way)

I'm going to do a little research, don't give up with this, lets stick on this somehow, we will surely figgure it out if we all pull together :D

Hey, Guys, I just got here by accident, though i cant specify any lyrics it sounds very much like Celldweller, if ya know them, some techno, punk group, listen to some sound of them like "Stars Of Orion", but i cant specify on any song. Hope it can help you. Bye

You can try songfacts.com forums (Sorry adtunes). Some really smart people post there, somebody has to know.

Hello Guys, i followed your discussion for months and recently made some steps myself, and I have been dissappointed the first by Nintendo! I wrote a mail to www.Nintendo.com ,requesting the Song of their commercial, but they only send back the text/explanation given at their page, I quote:

"Hello and thank you for contacting Nintendo,

We appreciate your interest in the music used in our commercials. Below, I've included a listing of songs that have been used in several of our different advertisements. Please note that if the music that you asked about is not listed, it is most likely an original composition, and it is not commercially available. We also don't have any information on where you can find the songs that are used in our ads."

They therefore gave the same list of songs they gave on their page, containing:
"Nintendo GameCube:

Nintendo GameCube (commercial previews three new games, including Metroid Prime 2: Echoes) - The song is entitled "More Human Than Human," and is performed by White Zombie. This song is off of the CD "Astro-Creep: 2000"."

I also wrote a mail to www.nintendo.de because its my homecountry, i am excited about their answer^^

I will write another mail, asking for the text which has been sung/rapped in the commercial to end the arguing about "Mcs fly by around the fire^^"

See you Guys!

Well guys, i wrote a message, asking for the text, and all i got was:
"Hello again.

Unfortunately, we don't have the lyrics that you asked about. Maybe you can find the information you are seeking some place on the Internet.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Dervin Camden"

The service was quick but with no content^^
So we will never have to wonder about the text again, and we can't get this nice song anywhere! Too bad!

" Maybe you can find the information you are seeking some place on the Internet."

lol...

you can find anything on the internet though

anything

Am I allowed to post a link to a clip of the trailer, I fooled around with some effects to make the vocals just a slight bit more clear...

Back