Marie Antoinette

Has this been confirmed? Anyone know if that is the song for certain?

thatsmyjam

Yes, this is the song for certain. In fact, the song will be on the movie's soundtrack.

anyone know the song on the trailer at the end? the only lyric i got was something about "bit concerning" sorts of sounds like it could be the killers but pretty sure it isnt

That would be "Ceremony" by Joy Division.

I about pissed my pants when I heard it in the commercial.

No... I mean Joy Division...

New Order is the band that formed after Ian Curtis died, and Ceremony was sung by Curtis.

From Wikipedia

"Curtis' last live performance on May 2nd, 1980 at Birmingham University was held in the same month as his death and included Joy Division's first and last performance of the song "Ceremony"

Because he only performed it once right before his death, people confuse it to be by New Order.

Ceremony was indeed sung by Curtis in Joy Division but there is a lot of confusion because the song was also released on an early New Order double disc singles album as being by New Order. But the song was first released under Joy Division as TheVariable said. It's easy to tell the difference between Joy Division and New Order, for one a HUGE difference between Curtis and Sumner's singing voices!

Yes, I am quite familiar with Joy Division, as they are one of my favorite bands. But the version that is heard in the trailer, and the one that most people are familiar with, is the New Order recording, with Bernard Sumner providing the vocals—there are actually two New Order versions, so I'm not sure which specific one is used in the trailer.

Joy Division never recorded Ceremony in the studio, but there is a partial live version on Still, and a rehearsal recording on the third disc of the Heart and Soul box set—unfortunately, Ian Curtis's vocals are pretty much unintelligible in the rehearsal recording. So, while the song was written when the band was still known as Joy Division, it was recorded and released, twice, as New Order. B)

anybody familiar with the song on the trailer they play at the cinema? it sounds kinda modern/eighties,, kinda like New Order,, anybody?

You're right, TV, it does sound Curtislike, but it's probably a result of Sumner having yet to find his singing voice, and thus trying to emulate Curtis's—if you listen to New Order's first album, Movement, you'll notice this as well, with both Sumner and Hook mimicing Curtis.

Originally posted by primer@Oct 19 2006, 10:29 AM
anybody familiar with the song on the trailer they play at the cinema? it sounds kinda modern/eighties,, kinda like New Order,, anybody?

Are you refering to the teaser or the full trailer? The teaser uses New Order's "Age of Consent" while the full trailer uses "Ceremony" and Gang of Four's "Natural's Not In It".

OK, here goes...all my questions are at the bottom of this post!

Here is a list of all of the Marie Antoinette TV Spots & the link to where you can watch:

TV Spot: "Outsider"

TV Spot: "About to End"

TV Spot: "Dreams"

TV Spot: "Storming the Castle"

Link: Marie Antoinette

First, the song Ceremony is obvioulsy prevelant in these spots. But is it actually by Joy Division or was it covered. I say this because the version I'm getting off of Napster is by Joy Division and sounds nothing like it.

Second, I know the song What Ever Happened by the Strokes, was in some way associated with this movie but I cant find where it's from. Anyone know?

Third, can anyone name any of the other songs in any of the trailers, TV Spots or Teasers that I haven't mentioned because I'm pretty sure I have missed some.

Please, if you answer any of my questions refer to the spot or trailer by name to avoid mucho confusion! ;)

Thanks for reading all my rambling writing!

& Third - - I could only find 3 other songs that you haven't mentioned & they are -

"Natural's Not In It" - Gang of Four
"Jynweythek Ylow" - Aphex Twin - Trailer #1
"Age of Consent" - New Order

Well hope it helped!

Originally posted by capnmunch@Oct 21 2006, 03:49 PM
You could use search I find that many of your questions have already been asked and answered in several threads. Like ...
Duplicate topics merged. ;)

Back