Lost Season 1

Does anybody know the song that's playing when Claire is showing everyone her new baby and Jack tells Shannon that Boone died? The song has no lyrics, it's only instruments is a piano and a soft violin background. Very similar to the melody of "My Immortal" by Evanescence, but again it has a violin and no lyrics.

Thanks,
-- Matt

can anyone tell me what ben harper tune was on lost. i can't remember which episode but it was some where near the begining. i would love to find that tune :)

A version of one his songs, "I Shall Not Walk Alone", by The Blind Boys Of Alabama was in the episode "Confidence Man". That was the episode about Sawyer, and the people he tried to con. But the song was actually played at the end of the show. A fantastic TV moment.

I don't think there's ever been a Ben Harper-sung song in the show. They've used Damien Rice, Joe Purdy, Willie Nelson, Patsy Cline and the aforementioned Blind Boys. They do pick some great songs for this show.

About "I Shall Not Walk Alone" - Ben Harper released it on one of his albums (I'm not really a fan, so I don't know which one) and he later produced the album "Higher Ground" by The Blind Boys. The song is on that album, and it's incredible (one of many on the album - Tom Waits and Prince covers as well).

Hope this helps a little.

I was watching an Episode 3 of Lost, not sure of the title of the episode. But it's the one where Jack finds out Kate was a fugitive and the man came to arrest her died. At the end there's a song. Not sure who it's by.

Would any one know where I can get this song, or if its even possible. It played at the end of the show thats aired on 04/06/05.

(Lost, Episode #20 "Do No Harm")

Opps. The dates threw me off. I just did a quick search and that on was a month off.

They played it again on the finale last night, and a much longer version. It's definitely a really nice score, so hopefully they'll put out a soundtrack. The music on that show has been incredible so far.

Hmmm...I don't know if they helps or not, but I remember watching a special on lost and they said that most of the music they use is scored especially for the show.

i dont know if this has been answered but, is there a site where i could go to find music from the show lost.
i went to their offical site and they dont have music posted. the music im talking about is the classical/strings type.
well, if anybody knows the title/artist of the song that came on during the season finale during the plane ride scene, that'd be great.

Originally posted by vintage_dork@ May 27 2005, 10:01 AM
the music im talking about is the classical/strings type.

I'm 99% sure that those are done by the show's composer. If they release a score for the show, it should be on it.

Ditto Leone. I'm pretty sure I read the same thing about the music.

The composer is Michael Giacchino, and he also does the "Alias" score as well as doing the score for "The Incredibles".

yeah, I have heard that the show's score is composed by Michael Giacchino. You might want to check out his music.

I totally love the music to this show, let alone the show itself being awesome.

I don't know if you're the person from the Lost message board but I will post this there as well.

I gave you the wrong info before.

It is Hans Zimmer, but it is from the Pearl Harbor Extended soundtrack which isn't commercially available.

i dont know if it was a new epi. or what but at the tail end of the show on aug 24 the big guy was listening to a cd and it was a guy singer but the only words i could hear were " the only thing you know" and then the cd player ran out. also the asin chick was getting into the water as the song played

Do any of you know the song when They start to push the raft into the sea? Its sound dramatic and it is killing me ot know what it is.. I heard earlyier that some songs from the show might be from the score.

I would also like to know the song when Locke is banging on the Hatch after he left Boone wit hJack to fix him up.. and then the light shines into his face.

Isn't that background music coming from original music scores?

The creator of the "Lost" series, JJ Abrams, has hired music composer Michael Giacchino in the past for his other series, "Alias". I watch Alias, so I believe he is being hired for Lost as well because his pieces for the show sound familiar to me everytime I listen to them. Michael G. has also done original music score for the movie, The Incredibles as well.

I hope this helps.

Back