LG steam washer

Forceten, thank you so much for the find.
I thought it didn't sound like Martha Reeves & The Vandellas - Heatwave piece. I asked around on Jazz forum and somebody was sure that it was.
Now I know :)

Who did the music for The LG commercial where the short haired brunette woman gets dirt on her clothes walking in the street and then throws her garment into the washer? Horns dominate the music. It has the feel of 1963 music like Martha and The Vandella's Dancing In The Street. Thanks to anyone that can help! :)

This may very well be a song that was created specifically for this commercial, and if so, you're not likely to find a copy of it to enjoy.

However, that being said - I can tell you, as someone who has spent 15 years studying music, that the song from the commercial simply borrows parts from the three major guesses here:

1. Martha Reeves and the Vandellas: Heatwave
2. Jens Lekman: A Sweet Summer's Night on Hammer Hill
3. Doves: Black and White Town

The latter of these options likely borrowed from Martha Reeves in the first place, and in my opinion Heatwave most closely matches the "feel" of the commercial piece.

You listen carefully to any of these ONCE, and you'll see they ALL fit the bill in some way. Your best bet: Martha Reeves and the Vandellas - Heatwave...

Which itself is a great song!

An addendum to my above post (since it appears to be impossible to edit).

The trumpet from Lekman's tune is what throws people off the Reeves tune. As said above, the commercial is simply an amalgam of various samples. You're pretty much out of luck with regards to getting the commercial - so you may as well download the other songs and enjoy them for what they are!

LG steam dryer

To me, It sounds like a rip off of the Jens Lekman Song, not really any of the other songs people have posted, and aknowleging his [Lekman] response to this whole thing, I couldn't concure more.

dude there's even people talking in the backround of the song, just like the Jens Lekman song, if you've watched the commercial. I posted it above this post.

and the other instruments begin after the trumpet, just like how it does in the Jens Lekman song.

I remember seeing this commercial for the first time, and I thought it was Sweet Summer Nights On Hammer Hill. Then I get on this website, to see if it's true, and I became a member just to get involved with this topic. lol

I have seen this commercial several times....a woman is walking and when she gets home she uses her washer...all the while this awesome intrumental music plays..does anyone know what it could be?

Previous reporting has the song as "A Sweet Summer's Night On Hammer Hill" by Jens Lekman. Condensing the whole story, other folks say that LG took, manufactured, etc. only an instrumental portion of that song for purposes of constructing the ad.

Ok people, So I've serached the web too, and on several websites, i've comed accross this one, so see, LG asked Jens Lekman to produce a song for their steam washer commercial, but when he did, they didn't take it, seeing that LG the approached Paul Brill to produce one, so the song is from Paul Brill, but it is not available anywhere, So I guess the solution is to show Paul Brill our insanity (yess the song is also driving me crazy) for the song and so he can make it available..

This is the clip

Greetings.. im out

Peace

I signed up for this forum just to talk about this.

I saw an LG refrigerator with a DVD player in it the other day. I thought to myself "Woah, it's playing Lord of the Rings. This has gotta be the most EPIC appliance in the world, or at the very least the southwest corner of this particular Fry's Electronics." However, I recalled an LG commercial regarding a steam washer earlier and remembered that incredible trumpet vying for consumer exuberance, and at that point I realized that the steam washer beat the fridge by leagues.

Dramatic rendition aside, has anyone discovered the music for this song? I figured it was worth asking because there's been a total of five months of inactivity in this topic. Was this a 30 second musician-for-hire rendition, or is there a greater song to behold?

That tune is haunting me. I go to sleep hearing it. I wake up hearing it. I hear it in my head throughout the day. If you listen to "A Sweet Summer's Night on Hammer Hill" it sounds so very much like that only cleaned up a little. I wish I knew for sure. The posts have all kinds of ideas. I don't hear the "Heatwave" but that's okay. But this little tune is haunting me.

I've always thought that was the beginning of a jazzed up version of Heatwave. Martha & the Vandellas had a hit with it and so many people have covered it since. It's annoying because it never breaks out into the real song, just the beginning over and over. Still, it's very catchy.

Ok So i've been CRAZY about this song also for a long time.
and after a lot of searching, I come to find that it was produced by an artist called "Paul Brill", I have contacted him via his official website, and all I got is that it was only produced for the commercial.

Yes, I was also bumped..
Love nd peace. :ph34r:

And the instrumentals they play sound EXACTLY like the ones in the Jens Lekman song. And how did you download the song? It's not even available on any legal or illegal download services.
Sorry, but no. The instrument in the Lekman song is a muted trumpet, and the similar part in the LG commercial is played by a trombone. It's easily distinguishable, not only by range, but also timbre. The songs are completely different, and the Lekman song doesn't sound a thing like the LG commercial.

What it sounds a LOT like when I first heard this song was Linda Rodstadt's version of "Heatwave" - in the same key that I remembered back in the 70's. I found a link on the web that this Jens Lekman was thinking of suing, but it's not very clear he would. I didn't look through this subject, maybe this was already mentioned on here. It's too bad he couldn't make this into a real song and put this in his album or something like that because it IS nice. I really like that a LOT. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who likes music you hear on a commercial. It sounds more like trombones, not trumpets are the "horns" that you hear because they kind of are deeper and the notes slide slightly. I wish there was an album of that song too.

Oh geez, I didn't read the latest post. He's got it right. Muted trumpet and a trombone. That Lekman guy said it sounded different than his too. But it's too bad a good song or a re-make of "Heatwave" couldn't be made out of that.

Here is what this article said that I found about LG and Jens Lekman. This is what it says:

"If you live in the United States of America you might see a washing machine commercial with a song that apparently sounds a lot like one of my songs. It is not one of my songs but here's the story. I was approached about a month ago by this company , represented by a myriad of producers. They wanted my song, I said no. Yesterday I saw a comment on my Myspace site "Holy crap, this LG commercial just featured a Sweet Summernight on Hammer Hill". I got worried , I contacted my recordlabels. Today I got the verdict: It's not your song, but it's something very similar. I havent heard it yet so I can't tell if I've been totally ripped off or not. If I have then I'm the total loser - my song gets associated with a washing machine and I get paid nothing for it.

Take a listen: LG Washing Machine Commercial Audio

And then this: Jens Lekman - "A Sweet Summer's Night on Hammer Hill"

However, Jens has announced no legislative action in his defense. Come on, it sounds really similar. It even has the clapping and trumpet and everything! Oh well.

Meanwhile, Jens continues to work on the follow up to last year's gorgeous Oh You're So Silent Jens in Goethenburg. As a teaser, Jens is planning to release a DVD/EP entitled Kullaberg, which features five new songs supposedly recorded in a hollowed-out volcano. Right.

There is no confirmed release date, but I have the tracklist for you. Does that help at all?

The Death of My Parents
Eureka!
Happy Birthday to Shame
The Rain Has Got to Fall
Your Arms Around Me

----------------------------------------

Well, they could have doctored his song up to hide it and sound different. Who knows. With all this technology today, they can add all sorts of sounds and whatnot. That's too bad though.

I searched and searched.. finally cmae to the artist "Paul Bril".. and he said.. that it was an exclusive composition for LG's commercial
Sorry guys :( ...I also love the song

Back