Last Good Movie You Saw

:ph34r: :ph34r:
"The Departed" was "alright".....The original Hong Kong movie (Infernal Affairs) it was copied from is better......But basing Jack Nicholson's character on a Real Life Boston mobster named James ''Whitey'' Bulger was clever. Scorsese strikes again. <_<

All the other movies you guys are discussing are ridiculous except for "300". Every straight guy in America will see "300" at some point.

But C'mon....Norbit, Little Miss Sunshine.....all the Comedy and "feel good movies"...are for the lovey dubby, sentamental types.

I am partial to the excellent cinematography of the Chinese movies such as "Hero"...."House of flying Daggers"...."Seven Swords"...."Curse of the Golden Flower". I could care less for the story. I like the scenery and colors. And the unrealistic sword fighting. I am also partial to the type movies like "Scarface"...."Traffic"...."Syriana"....and so on

But one movie that should be seen is "The Boondock Saints"....GOD Bless the Irish attitude towards violence.

Documentaries are very good as well......I own "Killing Pablo"...."La Sierra"....and many other PBS and History Channel programs.

:ph34r: Ninja harbors no hate towards the sentamental :ph34r:

All those quotation marks are like tiny daggers stabbing me in the eyeballs.

Originally posted by Fro God
300, and i havent even seen it yet.
:lol: :lol: That was so hot.

:ph34r: The proper way of writing/typing the title of a book, movie, song or program is to use quotation marks......unless the rules of grammar have changed.

Change/forget that......there is no point...never mind

:ph34r: :huh:

Originally posted by ActuarialMadness@Mar 9 2007, 04:25 PM
I think 300's gonna be a disappointment. way too much hype for that movie. Sin City will own 300.
You sir, suck. <_<

I talked to a guy at my school who saw the sneak peak showing on Thursday and he said it was fucking good.

Depends what kind of movie you're looking for: Check out RottenTomatoes.

It looks to be rather thin on plot and simply a high powered "video game" to show off cutting edge special effects. I agree visually it will be great, but I wouldn't expect much more.

I was only expecting visuals and action. Plus has rotten tomatoes ever given any movie a good rating? Quit being a downer man.

:ph34r: Well, in order for me to gain more prominance on Adtunes and recieve a rank higher than "junior member" by increasing my posts, I will respond to your claim about "300".

I think it will not be the best movie....however, I know it will out show, out score, and out earn the movie "Sin City".
These clowns Rodriguez and Tarantino did not do well for the movie "Sin City".

"300", if anything, will be one of the most visually stunning and interesting movies of 2007. I mean, the plot has "1000 Nations of the Persian Empire" each headed by some deformed and scary yet stricking commander. And did you see the appearance of the Persian King himself? Everyone will be intrigued. And then there is the battles and blood as well as the movie scenes always appearing to be in cloudy sunset or sunrise colored skies.

These type of movies always do well.....even if it is bloody and fantasy.

:ph34r: This is one more post to my total :ph34r:

:ph34r: Nothing is wrong with "Sin City".....atleast nothing that I know of. I am sure it was a fine movie. Only Rodriguez and Tarantino are not known for there quality films and plots.

My post said that the new movie "300" based on the book by Frank Miller will be better and do better than "Sin City" based on another book by Frank Miller.

Unless someone else has a "problem" with "Sin City"...........let me know.

:ph34r: You gotta love the ones that only "skim" but not read the posts :ph34r:

Originally posted by jffodom@Mar 9 2007, 11:59 PM
:ph34r: Nothing is wrong with "Sin City".....atleast nothing that I know of. I am sure it was a fine movie. Only Rodriguez and Tarantino are not known for there quality films and plots.

My post said that the new movie "300" based on the book by Frank Miller will be better and do better than "Sin City" based on another book by Frank Miller.

Unless someone else has a "problem" with "Sin City"...........let me know.

:ph34r: You gotta love the ones that only "skim" but not read the posts :ph34r:
Well, Tarantino is known for quality, but that depends on taste.

Also, how do you define a 'succesful' movie? Do you base it on the amount of viewers? The money it makes? The names in the cast? Or do you base it on your own opinions after viewing it? You say you don't care about story, then go watch a Vin Diesel movie :p

Yes, 300 may do better, again depending on definition here. It could get more viewers but be a much worse movie.

Personally, I think the story makes the movie. I loved Sin City, not really because of the story, but for a big part because the people who made it tried to be creative and weren't afraid of going down by doing so.

I liked all Tarantinos movies. I'm pretty sure he's one of the more respected filmakers so I dont know where you got the whole low quality thing from.

Also I skim your posts because you usually write a lot of nonsense.

:ph34r: And yet you still "skim" the posts.

I feel that a movie is a "hit" by its earnings and number of viewers. That does not mean it is a success. Success can only be seen after time. That film "Little Miss Sunshine" was not a big "Hit" but it turned out to be a success....much to my dismay.

"300" has an interesting story and feel. The story being based on an actual historical event, battle and figures (Figures being The King of Persia and Sparta) that is loosly interpreted in the movie.
And it is not filmed like a comic book as was "Sin City".

The cinematography is also more pleasing.

And these Fantasy "battle" movies always do well.......Look at "Lord of the Rings" and "Star Wars" movies.

Robert Rodriguez and Tarantino are responsible for "Great" films like "Desperado", "From Dusk till Dawn", "Once Upon a Time in Mexico"...and other high caliber films.

Now i did like "Kill Bill" and some other movie (I forget)....but every producer and director will have a good movie or two under their belt.

:ph34r: And my post count increases :ph34r:

Ever heard of...

PULP FICTION?!?!?!
RESERVOIR DOGS?!?!?!?!
JACKIE BROWN?!?!?!?!

Originally posted by jffodom@Mar 9 2007, 12:17 PM
:ph34r: The proper way of writing/typing the title of a book, movie, song or program is to use quotation marks......unless the rules of grammar have changed.
Wrong. The proper form would be to underline or italicize the titles of books, films, magazines, albums, plays and other large works that are published by themselves. Quotation marks should be used only for short works within larger works, such as songs, articles, short stories, poems and television episodes.

Oh, and The Boondock Saints blows.

:ph34r: Of course I have heard of those other movies......But the jury is still out on whether they were good films. Taste in movies is subjective and i said I did like 1 or 2 of their films....SO CALM DOWN AND RELAX. Are you related to these directors as to get upset and post in big caps?

And i would LOVE to underline and italicize on these posts.....but i am too busy with a career to worry about and waste time making my post aesthetically appealing.

The Boondock Saints rules.......don't hate a classic.

Back