joined yesterday

we aren't all monsters!! i'm sorry! give your turtles my apologies for all the texas rednecks!

Originally posted by ALDR123456789N@Aug 11 2005, 11:47 AM
hehe, ok i will... but texas girls are sooooooooooo pretty
i will not argue with that!!! thank you from all us gals in texas!! :kiss:

always, its that southern hospitality thing we got goin down here

Originally posted by givemfitz@Aug 11 2005, 03:41 PM
Only the baby ones. :lol: :lol: :lol:
The big ones go in soup. My redneck step-dad wanted to make turtle soup for Thanksgiving one year out of this huge-ass turtle that wandered into the garden til I cried and he set him loose.

Originally posted by dascoot@Aug 11 2005, 06:20 PM
huge-ass turtle that wandered into the garden
Is that a regular thing in Florida, turtles walking around?

I'm in a town setting so there's not a lot of wildlife running around, but out in the bayous and wetlands you see a lot of em.

But there is this one that lives in an empty lot by my apartment and every time I walk by he's out chillin in the sun, so I try and sneak up on him with my camera and he hightails it for his hole.

Don't freakin tell me turtles are slow, that bastard outruns me every time. <_<

The big ones that dig huge burrows are kinda rare but box turtles are pretty common all over the south. And you don't even want to know all the different ones that are in the water. :huh:

Originally posted by dascoot+Aug 11 2005, 06:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dascoot @ Aug 11 2005, 06:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-givemfitz@Aug 11 2005, 03:41 PM
Only the baby ones. :lol: :lol: :lol:
The big ones go in soup. My redneck step-dad wanted to make turtle soup for Thanksgiving one year out of this huge-ass turtle that wandered into the garden til I cried and he set him loose. [/b][/quote]
omg...that is so gross.
why dont we just leave all the turtles alone...
poor guys, hehe

Cos we're at the top of the food chain and they're easy to catch. Them and banana slugs. :p

Originally posted by givemfitz@Aug 11 2005, 07:39 PM
Cos we're at the top of the food chain and they're easy to catch. Them and banana slugs. :p
well...they are called banana slugs...
but come on, TURTLES!!! just eat the chocolate, not the actual thing.
i remember i found this old recipe book at my elementary school back in the day;
and it had a recipe for pidgeon pie and i almost cried.
but i hate pidgeons, but i still wouldn't eat it.

Back