Hyundai Elantra

Wow, that's some great sleuthing Iriez. It sucks that they won't release the song (really, how does that make sense?) but thanks for posting what you found!

Hello, I have been looking for the song too, and I just recently visted the website www.eliasart.com, to just see what its about , and it seems that it is a design website. And on the website it states this:

"provide comprehensive web and print solutions as well as custom design work ranging from banner ads to logo creation.

Since we use resolutionless vector formats as much as possible in our design work we can use the same designs in all forms of publication, keeping the same look and feel throughout, while at the same time maintaining razor sharp quality whether it is on your web site or in your printed brochure." ~ http://www.eliasart.com/

So it seems as though they deal with the visual design process, no where on the website did I see mention of music production. So it might actually be a song that we recognize...or that we need to contact someone somewhere else.

just a thought.

:)

I just recently visted the website www.eliasart.com, to just see what its about , and it seems that it is a design website.

It appears Inez made a typo: it's actually www.eliasarts.com, with an "s." If you go to that website, you'll see they specialize in music and appear to be the calibre of firm that would have an account with Hyundai.

Hope this helps - just didn't want anyone to waste their time following up a dead end.

Hope this helps but i think its a song we know. Icant remember name and artist but i do remember that the song came out in 1997. I only remember bits and pieces of the song but it goes "la ladada dadi la dada da is -> Then-> i wonder how i wonder why ->-> In the big blue sky .
Hope this helps i have been looking everywhere too so if you know let me know
thnx Artchick :unsure:

Originally posted by artchick@Jan 23 2007, 08:34 PM
Hope this helps but i think its a song we know. Icant remember name and artist but i do remember that the song came out in 1997. I only remember bits and pieces of the song but it goes "la ladada dadi la dada da is -> Then-> i wonder how i wonder why ->-> In the big blue sky .
Hope this helps i have been looking everywhere too so if you know let me know
thnx Artchick :unsure:
"Lemon Tree" by Fool's Garden

Get it at Amazon.

wow i dont know you but you are the man or woman lol thats the song . That is the song in the elantra commercial . "Lemon Tree" by Fools Garden. Thanks !!!!!!!
-artchick

Originally posted by artchick@Jan 24 2007, 12:26 PM
wow i dont know you but you are the man or woman lol thats the song . That is the song in the elantra commercial . "Lemon Tree" by Fools Garden. Thanks !!!!!!!
-artchick
I'm always amazed at how a few lyrics can make searching for a solution so simpler.

coool thanks for the correction...makes more sense now :)

lol typos could be contagious

thank you so much!!!! i've been wondering whose song this was for about a month now.

Sorry, but it's not Manu Chao - Bongo Bong or Fool's Garden - Lemon Tree.

With Bongo Bong, the beat is similar, but it has a high pitched "squee" in it that the commercial doesn't.

As for Lemon Tree, it has a lot of "de da's" and what not, but it's not the song in the commercial, don't think it's a remix either. The song in the commercial seems to have "la la's" and "ooooh ohhh's" not "da da's" (I know it seems absurd, but just listen". Also, the song in the commercial has lyrics that go "The sky in my mind is there. No t...." or something like that. The only part of the lyrics in Lemon tree that have sky in it goes "I wonder how, I wonder why, Yesterday you told me 'bout the blue blue sky". So I can see where you can get confused, and those the original's beat sounds nothing like the commercial, a remix could make it close, but it's not it.

Which only means...the song is still out there.

Originally posted by cow1787@Feb 2 2007, 10:43 AM

Also, the song in the commercial has lyrics that go "The sky in my mind is there. No t...." or something like that. The only part of the lyrics in Lemon tree that have sky in it goes "I wonder how, I wonder why, Yesterday you told me 'bout the blue blue sky". So I can see where you can get confused,
So, what alternative can you suggest?

Like...

"The Sun Shine from You" by Teenage Fanclub

Get it at Amazon.

Even when the world is grey
I go where I wanna go, I'm OK
Rainy skies don't cloud my mind
I do what I wanna do, do what I wanna do
I don't know anything but I
say what I wanna say, say what I wanna say

Know that I want you

The sky in my mind is always blue
In my world the sun shines from you

OR...

"Signs of Love" by Moby

Get it at Amazon.

I can see the light come peering through the sky in my mind
Closing people come in but also lying on the floor
I would hold you in my arms until we both are home
I would hold you in my arms until we both are all alone

ALSO...

"Lemon Tree" has bee covered by:

Pet Shop Boys and also Trish Thuy Trang.

Originally posted by cow1787@Feb 2 2007, 10:43 AM

With Bongo Bong, the beat is similar, but it has a high pitched "squee" in it that the commercial doesn't.

As for Lemon Tree, it has a lot of "de da's" and what not, but it's not the song in the commercial, don't think it's a remix either. The song in the commercial seems to have "la la's" and "ooooh ohhh's" not "da da's" (I know it seems absurd, but just listen". Also, the song in the commercial has lyrics that go "The sky in my mind is there. No t...." or something like that. The only part of the lyrics in Lemon tree that have sky in it goes "I wonder how, I wonder why, Yesterday you told me 'bout the blue blue sky". So I can see where you can get confused, and those the original's beat sounds nothing like the commercial, a remix could make it close, but it's not it.

Which only means...the song is still out there.
I think it's "The sky in my eyes(or mind) is clear"

wow now i am totally stumped yeah i really thought that was the song . Well right now i am without a computer so if anyone knows before i can get to it let me know.
Thanks Artchick

OK, first of all - thank you for directing me to the right source. Great research by the way.

Anyhow, I contacted Nic Harcourt - the head of music development at Elias Arts, the same Nic Harcourt who hosts SOunds eclectic on KCRW - a rather famous and influential DJ that brought people like Coldplay, Beck, etc on radio and helped make them big.
So I got a response from an SVP at Elias arts this morning that the company that compiled the track is HUM at www.humit.com

I will let you know if I get further on this..

:)

Ok, apparently the Composer is an in-house HUM studios man, Rob Lopez. I am not sure if this reel would be available -- stay tuned

all the research done here is quite impressive.

i found a post at another forum that was quite sure that the song was a remade reggae version of lemon tree by fools garden that had been slightly sped up. after listening to both songs repeatedly, i'm inclined to believe this explanation. the clip from the commercial matches lemon tree about 1min 22sec into the fools garden version, with another voice doing a variation on the "dadada... dedada" part.

TheQuietOne... the lead from elias arts about HUM studios may also be correct... perhaps the composer there is responsible for this reggae remix.

but, then again, i could be way off...

He could have very well done the remix of it.. But a beat is a beat - could be simulated anywhere...

The answer I got is actually from HUM studios themselves, and it is, in fact true. I don't think I'll be able to find this reel anywhere, and I haven't got much on Rob Lopez himself - no bio, no email, no work of his....

Just a suggestion since it seems like the track everyone wants (including myself) isn't available:

"Gute Laune feat. Tweed" by Tosca, on the album Delhi 9

Back