Hello from Mantis!

Mantis

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I found this site looking for the song in the JC Penney ad during the Oscars (which turned out not to be a real song =/ ). This looks like a fun place, so I think I will stay! I don't watch very much TV (except for Grey's Anatomy as often as they'll let me, and Ugly Betty) but I listen to a pretty wide selection of music, so maybe I will be of use at some point. Oh, and I watch NCAA men's basketball as much as possible, but ESPN just shows the same 4 commercials ad nauseum (AD nauseum!?!).
Apart from trying to deny how much TV I watch, I'm a pretty generic human being. I watch movies, play video games, read books, and herd cats. I can't quite recall why I named myself Mantis, except that it reminds me of my beloved Zorak from Space Ghost Coast to Coast. Also because of the chirping.

:lol: Oh ok, I was thinking maybe you were locked in a state hospital or something.. :ph34r:

Either way, welcome. :)

:lol: :lol: It did read that way. Welcome Mantis. Pray tell. How does one herd cats? :unsure:

Originally posted by Mantis@Feb 27 2007, 08:16 PM
Hi everyone!

I found this site looking for the song in the JC Penney ad during the Oscars (which turned out not to be a real song =/ ). This looks like a fun place, so I think I will stay! I don't watch very much TV (except for Grey's Anatomy as often as they'll let me, and Ugly Betty) but I listen to a pretty wide selection of music, so maybe I will be of use at some point. Oh, and I watch NCAA men's basketball as much as possible, but ESPN just shows the same 4 commercials ad nauseum (AD nauseum!?!).
Apart from trying to deny how much TV I watch, I'm a pretty generic human being. I watch movies, play video games, read books, and herd cats. I can't quite recall why I named myself Mantis, except that it reminds me of my beloved Zorak from Space Ghost Coast to Coast. Also because of the chirping.
Oh, we're totally gonna be like BFFs, Mantis. The pun on "ad", the cat herding, Zorak....we're soulmates. Hehehe. ^_^

Originally posted by dascoot@Feb 27 2007, 04:39 PM
:lol: Oh ok, I was thinking maybe you were locked in a state hospital or something.. :ph34r:

Either way, welcome. :)
That's how I read it as well. I was like, "oh boy, we have another ninja on our hands."

Welcome, Mantis. I figured you were a fan of the tiller, but I guess not. ;)

Originally posted by capnmunch@Feb 28 2007, 04:54 PM
That's how I read it as well. I was like, "oh boy, we have another ninja on our hands."
:lol: :lol: God forbid.

:ph34r: Let me take this opportunity to say HELLO and welcome you.

Your Intoduction is yet another amazing intro and account with riveting personal habits and monicker explanations. Here @ Adtunes, there is no need to deny how much Television you watch.....because this is Adtunes and almost all commercials are on TV.

I hope i do not come across as sarcastic or rude........as I am genuinely happy to have another mind and person here to aid me in my search for the greatest music in the world.

:ph34r: Long Live Adtunes.....Long Live Longevity :ph34r:

:ph34r: And does a Mantis really "chirp" or is that a crickett....I think i must refer to Google on this one :ph34r:

Heylo Mantis!

I can't believe it, folks, we have a real honest-to-goodness cat herder on our hands! Yay! :p :lol: Do you have a cowboy hat and Wrangler jeans to boot? (omg, "boot"! I crack me up sometimes! HaHa!)

B)

Back