Happy Feet

sugahigh005

Reaction score
whats the song that the little penguins are singing in singing class at the beginning of the movie kinda.

If I'm thinking of the same scene you are it's "In My Room" by the Beach Boys.

The first song played in the movie has the line "...so I will sing you a lullaby..." or something very similar. I know I've heard it before, but I can't place it. Does anyone know the title or artist?

I checked IMDB, but they don't have the soundtrack listing up yet.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0366548/

Thanks!

Noo the song the penguins sing in their singing class. i guess its like an old song but its definitely not the beach boys lol

Well they were singing that song at one point in one of their singing classes. So I guess I got the wrong scene, but the Beach Boys are an older band and "In My Room" is their song. So I hope you can find what you're looking for. :)

I don't know why my thread got merged with this one. I was asking about a different song. I did find my answer. It's a song by the Beatles called Golden Slumbers. It's sung by a female voice in the movie. Only the first verse is sung

Here are the lyrics to the first verse:
Once there was a way to get back homeward
Once there was a way to get back home
Sleep pretty darling do not cry
And I will sing a lullaby

Thanks for the post on the Jackson Browne reference! As it turns out, Amazon.com now has the soundtrack:
Happy Feet Original Soundtrack

This rendition was done by k.d. lang. Her voice is awesome in it. I think I like it better than the Beatles original.

this song isnt on the soundtrack.. it isnt an original song for the movie cos i've heard it before and it isnt even in the list of songs that were in the movie but not on the soundtrack that i found on wikipedia.. ok now im pretty sure that will smith did a cover of it.. that cover is the soundtrack for the wild wild west (you know wiki wiki waa, wiki waa, wiki wiki waa waa west, jim west, desperado etc etc) now in happy feet this song is played twice.. the first time is when mumble is still young, its just before he gets attacked by the birds and he started to dance.. up on the cliff.. away from everyone else so he wouldnt get ridiculed.. an you only hear the song briefly.. now the second time is near the end, again only briefly, but its just before the humans fly in on the helicopter...

be good if someone could shed some light onto this for me..

Back