Good Comebacks

Stand By Me and The Shawshank Redemption were both better than the stories they were based on.

:)

Now, Memoirs Of A Geisha is a perfect example of a book-turned-movie gone WRONG WRONG WRONG.

Well that's good to hear because the movie sucked major ass... <_<

I shall go and read the book! :woo:

Any other books I should have read, other than the ones you've mentioned. Movies are pure shit these days and I like reading now...

Read Lovely Bones, it was so great. Memoirs of course.. A Million Little Pieces was great too, despite the whole fraud snafu.

Originally posted by dascoot@Apr 18 2006, 08:42 PM
A Million Little Pieces was great too, despite the whole fraud snafu.
Oh yeah...the book Oprah selected for her book club. Yeah, it was all fabricated.

Well no, what happened was that he elaborated a few things to make him sound tougher in the book than he had been in the real life situations. Plus he said in the book that he served 3 months in jail when it was really one day. The story itself actually happened though.

Well, yeah...you're right. I'm getting over zealous... :lol:

It's like the Blair Witch Project though, just go into it knowing it's fiction (or at least partially fiction) and you won't get disappointed. True or not, the book is amazing.

The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende. That book just rocked.

The Phantom by Susan Kay. I loved the hell outta that book but it's kind of hard to find because I heard they don't make it anymore. :(

bunnicula.
now that was a great book.
and all of the ones that followed just kept getting better.

i enjoyed "to the extreme: the vanilla ice story". a quick and easy read. it even has all his deep poems.

Originally posted by dascoot@Apr 18 2006, 08:33 PM
Now, Memoirs Of A Geisha is a perfect example of a book-turned-movie gone WRONG WRONG WRONG.
Good to know cuz I almost spent 10 bucks on it. <_<

:wub: ed the book though. :)

Originally posted by AmelieMellow@Apr 23 2006, 12:18 PM
i enjoyed "to the extreme: the vanilla ice story". a quick and easy read. it even has all his deep poems.
Also worth checking it out is the movie "Cool as Ice" starring Vanilla Ice, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II, in which Vanilla Ice makes a cameo appearance.

It's hard to believe that Vanilla Ice used to be cool....

Originally posted by AmelieMellow@Apr 22 2006, 10:18 PM
:lol: :lol: Go ninja go ninja go!

Bunnicula kicked 18 asses, so did Howliday Inn. I can't remember The Celery Stalks At Midnight, and I never read the other one(s)..

Back