GMC "Ideas" landing in field

I listened to the Skin song and it's not the same chord progression. Close. Sort of. The ad chords are G# minor, a variation of F#, and G# major, while Trashed has four chords and goes like 7th to minor to some other chord and then to major. I think the blaring similarity here is the feeling of finality and satisfaction they both provide when the last chord hits. This would lead be to guess the last two chords of each share close to the same progression.

IT's the commercial with the car flying from the air and crushing into the ground. It sounds like a piano tune in the beginning.

Yes, very good...

I'm sort of lost with Mastur B...he redescribed the ad we've spent weeks discussing as if the last two pages of this thread didn't exist. Huh?

I am looking for the music or composer of the music on the new GMC commerical where the gentleman is sitting at his desk drawing models of cars and throwing them away. In another screen you see heaps of scrap metal car frames falling out of the sky into a field!

anyone know the name of the song that is in the gmc commercial that has cars falling from the sky and eventually shows an engineer working and throwing away his ideas. the song starts out slow and eventually adds some decent beats by the end.

I am looking for it too.
Sounds a bit like Kate Bush' opening of Mabuschka or something.

The commercial begins with a man at a desk, sketching designs for GM. He crumples a few up and tosses them into the wastepaper basket.

It cuts away to a field, car parts falling out of the sky and crashing onto the ground.

"There are good ideas, there are great ideas, but only the best ideas make it into our trucks and SUVs" or something similar, is the VO.

Anyone know the song? I'm in love with it!

Thanks!

:huh: What is the beautiful, haunting music being played in this commercial? It is for GMC trucks and it shows a man at a drafting board creating the trucks and dreaming of what they can do.

If anyone knows what this music is, please let me know.

Anyone know what the music is related to autocar junk flying thru the air and crashing? It has a piano intro followed by addtl bass lines and guitar. Please respond to my email address.

I to am looking for this, I've read that its an exclusive GMC tune but im not giving up, I choose not to belive that cause i've become drawn to the inspireing clip

Yes

And it's a damned good reproduction.

The guy obviously did his homework in regards to getting proper samples off of the commercial, in combination with using just the right sounds in lieu of instruments he couldn't sample off the vid.

-Jamman

The link for the GMC idea commercial that is in another posting is awesome. It was created by a kid who is a Junior in high school. He give screen shots of what he had to go through to reproduce the sounds, and writes it out in a narrative. Ben gets and A plus from me. Its good to know that kids are doing positive things with their time and resources.

Anybody know the melody that plays on the GM commercial where the car parts are flying through the air and crashing into the group?

:D
Okay, I'm am really happy now because I love that commercial especially the music. Plus, I found this site which is totally cool. I'm writing my thesis on Television Commerical as Music Video. I'm just dropping for a short note, I fly out to the Iceland Airwaves festival tomorrow. I feel very happy and nuts at this moment.

I don't remember the name of the manufacturer, but I would love to know the song in the background of a commercial where parts of the cars are being flung to the ground. You can hear them crashing and breaking on the ground, and there's a great instrumental song in the background. The commercial was aired over the summer. I'm still so curious! Any help would be appreciated. :)

Don't have the answer but may be able to provide more information. Is it the one where you see the parts falling to the ground and at the end you find out the reason they are falling is because a guy is sitting there drawing up different ideas and then tossing them out?

Yes, I know this was once a quite popular topic of discussion on this forum, but the Search function doesn't seem to return any results for it.

What I'm talking about is the GMC commercial where an artist is drawing vehicle designs, but as he crumbles them up and throws them away, large pieces of vehicles fall contorted in the middle of a desert. The music in the commercial is some sort of piano mix playing in the background...

The only reason I'm posting this is because I'm not sure if that commercial's music was ever found. I searched Google and couldn't find anything on it. It was quite popular about a year ago, I think. I've seen it airing on TV some recently, and I became curious :blink:

So, anyone know anything about it?

I just wanted to mention:

Did anyone pick up on the Honda Cog reference in this ad? Watch the GMC ad again here:

http://www.boardsmag.com/screeningroom/com...mmercials/1132/

About 3/4ths of the way through a cog/machined gear falls on the dashboard of a broken car before another huge piece of metal falls on that to segue into the designer shot of him throwing out the ideas.

I have a feeling that cog being crushed is a small diss towards Honda and their famous European "Cog" commerical.

As you'll see, the cogs in each of the ads are identical.

Also, my rendition of the GMC ad music you're probably looking for since you visited this thread is now located here: http://www.phylum.net/gmc/

Rock on.

Alright, this commercial is pretty old by now, but i just now found this site.

I'm thinking of a GMC commerciall where wadded up cars are flung into an empty field like so many wads of paper. Background music is a piano playing chords (they sound minor, maybe 6/8 time) and some form of percussion that doesn't sound quite like a triangle and not quite like a xylaphone...

anyway... car commercial, there's a guy with a drawing board wadding up the bad ideas and throwing them into the trash can, but lo and behold! they turn into the wadded up cars.

Where can i hear all of this song or learn the name of it?!! i have to know!

Damn, this song obiously has some sort of trance effect. I'm new to the site, I usually listen to Hip-Hop but this one night, 2:00 AM I saw the GMC Commercial ( http://www.boardsmag.com/screeningroom/com...mmercials/1132/ ). This commercial changed the whole perception of music I ever had, it made me grow as a music artist and listener. Since then I have been infatuated and in a mission to find the darn song. Although Its been over a month now, I finally found a 'recreation' which isn't that bad, I jacked the style and, well I also recreated the whole song and have all my people rapping over it, with more percussion of course and bass, but yeah. Question, do you guys look all day for songs like this? And another question, where can I find more music like this? What's the name of this type of music? Thanks.

i need help!! there's this car commercial, have no idea what make or model. someone is drawing car designs and as he's tossing away the rejected and crumpled designs, real smashed up cars are falling from the sky, in a desert.
OK. Now. WHAT IS THE DAMN SONG THAT'S PLAYING WHILE ALL THIS DESTRUCTION IS GOING ON!! It's positively beautiful. An instrumental. Strings, maybe electronic, and there's clouds blowing and billowing and if i recall correctly, which i'm sure i don't, the narrator is focused on the expert engineering of their car designs. Who cares? I just need to know the song, who performs it, something. It sounds like it could be Moby. If anyone out there is familiar with it, please respond. It would relieve a particularly stressed out part of my mind and allow me to add some very cool music to my cd collection and I'd be grateful. Thanks in advance for any time you spend replying.

Back