Gladiator

Mr.Movies&mall

Advanced Member
Reaction score
what's the name of the song when russel crowe dies and the queen is giving a speech about it ? "SNIFFLE"so sad ..... NOT :p

"Elysium"

then "Honor Him"

then "Now We Are Free"

all off the Gladiator soundtrack. each song merges into the next on the sounctrack

I saw Gladiator a few weeks ago and came away thinking about how great a soundtrack it has, and then thought about it once again as I saw Man On Fire, because one of the same songs was used in it.

Although I don't know the name of the song, I have searched both soundtracks with little success, actually FINDING the song I was looking for, but mixed in with another song that it didn't belong with.

To hear what I'm talking about, go ahead and visit here and sample song number 28 titled "Man On Fire" remix.

The vocals that are right at the beginning of that song are what I'm looking for, and I know they're from both films - only problem is they're mixed in with some really bad techno. If anyone has any idea - I'd greatly appreciate it.

My mistake......it is Russel Crowes Galdiator and not Cuba Gooding jr,

Maybe "Now we are free" from Hans Zimmer's score? They sound pretty similar.

Hans Zimmer - Gladiator

Zimmer used Lisa Gerrard in his score and Harry Gregson-Williams used her for that techno sounding score as well in "Man on Fire".

No, it's not from Gladiator, I've listened to every track from both CD's as well, it sounds like a blend of "Now we are free" and "Elysium" but is in fact, not recycled tracks!

Sorry I can't give a definate answer there, but definately NOT from Gladiator!

Cheers.

As already said, it is just the same voice Gladiatorlike i looked, and they all say its Lisa Gerrard, the colleaque of Hans Zimmer. They both composed the score to gladiator together, as you may know, and she does not say specific lyrics in Gladiator's "now we are free"(last track), just words that fit to the music so i may think with man on fire she did the same.

This is kind of a random question, but it's for anyone who owns the DVD...

In the scene selection menu, where the chapter "Gladiator, I salute you" and "mark of the legion" is shown, does anyone know what music is played in the backround? They also play it when the gladiators first arrive in Zucchabar....if anyone knows this, I would absolutely appreciate it. Thank you!

Hi Quinnyforsure,

The song is called 'The General Who Became A Slave'. It's 3:03 miutes long, and the specific part that you're after begins to play 1:15 minutes into the song.

The tune itself wasn't part of the first motion picture soundtrack release for Gladiator. But there was a second release containing more music not on the first soundtrack, some remixes, and tracks that had voicovers from the movie to accompany it. That's the CD you need. There's also a special edition soundtrack available that places the 2 soundtracks together in one package. So you also have the option of purchasing that.

However... send me a PM (private message) if you REALLY like the song. ;)

CJ-

Thank you so much, I have been looking for this for a long time. I have the first soundtrack, but now I think I have to get the other disc you told me about. Thanks again!

Can someone please tell me what song plays while Maximus is dying?

TIA for any and all help.

Back