GIVE ME GOOD TECHNO SONGS!

Another song that I highly recommend is "Spente Le Stelle (yomanda Remix)" by Opera Trance featuring Emma Shapplin. I heard it on the radio a few years back and its awesome. Heres a clip from iTunes.

I have that song. I was never a big fan of that with all of the songs that came out around the same time that sounded similar (Phantom of the Opera, Obumbratta, et al). Even Crucified by Army of Lovers had some similar rifts.

Originally posted by jffodom@Dec 19 2006, 02:28 PM
BOY!!.....someone loves to hate on me........Maybe if I post more Electronic Dance/Techno/Trance/Eurodance/Jpop/Anime artists from my "Massive" collection......I will get HATED ON somemore.

Keep me posted on your hating abilities..... :angel: :angel: :angel:
maybe if you kept your posts a little more constructive rather than trying to school other people, they wouldnt hate on you.

Originally posted by jffodom@Dec 19 2006, 02:28 PM
BOY!!.....someone loves to hate on me........Maybe if I post more Electronic Dance/Techno/Trance/Eurodance/Jpop/Anime artists from my "Massive" collection......I will get HATED ON somemore.

Keep me posted on your hating abilities..... :angel: :angel: :angel:
Were you adressing me :what:, 'cause I have no idea what you're going on about.

:p hehe y'all are funny but thanks for sticking up for me....if thats what you were trying to do because this guy just another jerk. im used to it.

4 strings - take me away
alice deejay - better off alone
vinylshakerz - one night in bangkok
quesh - candy girl

These aren't techno, but some other good ones are:

Das Glockenspiel by DJ Tiesto
In Africa by Derb
Good Time - DJ Peran

Originally posted by ChelseaFC@Dec 29 2006, 03:38 PM

In Africa by Derb
Good Time - DJ Peran
Thats trance. Techno is actually a genre of electronic music. Here are some real techno artists; Isolee, Jimmy Edgar, Richard Villabos, Sven Vath, Adam Beyer, Richie Hawtin, Troy Pierce, Jeff Mills... the list goes on.

All of you should go to http://www.beatport.com and browse through the different genres of electronic music and listen to some songs so you can ask better questions and get better answers.

Originally posted by Bloodlessr+Dec 29 2006, 12:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bloodlessr @ Dec 29 2006, 12:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ChelseaFC@Dec 29 2006, 03:38 PM

In Africa by Derb
Good Time - DJ Peran
Thats not techno either, thats trance. Techno is actually a genre of electronic music. Here are some real techno artists; Isolee, Jimmy Edgar, Richard Villabos, Sven Vath, Adam Beyer, Richie Hawtin, Troy Pierce, Jeff Mills... the list goes on.

All of you should go to http://www.beatport.com and browse through the different genres of electronic music and listen to some songs so you can ask better questions and get better answers. [/b][/quote]
Lol I know :)

That's why I wrote "these aren't techno" .

:lol:

I mean, everyone else was posting trance songs (Sandstorm, etc) so I thought, why not?

Lets be honest, is it that easy to dissertate the differences between techno and trance? I've looked both up on the wikipedia and there isn't much different about the two

Originally posted by donkeychips@Dec 29 2006, 11:35 PM
Lets be honest, is it that easy to dissertate the differences between techno and trance? I've looked both up on the wikipedia and there isn't much different about the two
I think if you listen to the two genre's enough (including sub-genre's) it gets easier to tell them apart. I guess you have to come up with your own definitions.

Not that I'm a "purist" or anything like others, but for me the difference is that trance is more synth/melody driven, while techno is a lot of hard beats/electronic sounds. It DOES annoy me when people say they like "techno" and they're talking about the stuff they play on the radio (DJ Sammy, DJ Encore, Cascada, etc) because most of the time it's just "cheesy trance". Not that I don't absolutely LOVE cheesy trance :p

Here's a good site:
http://www.di.fm/edmguide/#

Originally posted by donkeychips@Dec 30 2006, 03:35 AM
There really is a huge difference between trance and techno. If you really listen to both and have been over ther years, then you know.

Techno is the true basis of electronica. It's generally upbeat, and robotic sounding. Very danceable and was played throughout the night up until around 2-3 am.

Trance, however, tends to be more of an atmosheric, airy-type of music. It's slower and played later in night traditionally. While it is danceable, it's not hardcore type of dance. More of just swaying in place. Also, trance is tied in to the X crowd a little more. It was music that enhanced the high that you were on due to that and many other drugs.

Not a user myself. I worked law enforcement and saw many more cases than I can count.

Mind you, this is my .02 and nothing set in stone.

Back