GAHH

poke a dot

Reaction score
There was a song played at my prom that i thought was really awesome, and my friend said that it was really popular and she was surprised that I hadn't heard it before. But now she doesn't remember what song it was, and I really want to find it. This might be hopeless, but I'm pretty sure it was a techno or rave kinda song, and every once in a while there was a break where it would change and it sounded like a clip from an old song or something like that. Any guesses?

if you could elaborate on the "old song" it might be easier to find it.

Thanks.

It's not Rockafeller Skank.. I'm assuming it's a newer song that might be on the radio a lot right now. And I can't really elaborate because I really don't remember, but I think if a girl's voice was singing the song, the "old song" part was a guy singing, or if a guy was singing the song the "old song" part was a girl singing. But I'm not positive.

Ok, so from what you said...this song is popular and has a bit from an old song. I can think of 2 popular songs like that:

"Beep" by Pussycat Dolls (f. will. i. am from Black Eyed Peas) has a short sample of ELO's "Evil Woman" in it.

"SOS" by Rhianna, where the entire song is a sample of Soft Cell's "Tainted Love" put on a loop.

...so maybe one of these is the song you're looking for?

Ok, so from what you said...this song is popular and has a bit from an old song. I can think of 2 popular songs like that:

"Beep" by Pussycat Dolls (f. will. i. am from Black Eyed Peas) has a short sample of ELO's "Evil Woman" in it.

"SOS" by Rhianna, where the entire song is a sample of Soft Cell's "Tainted Love" put on a loop.

...so maybe one of these is the song you're looking for?

No, it's not those..

I don't really remember what the break sounded like, I'm not sure if it was a clip from an old song or not. I just remember it was different, with a different person singing.

Back