Gah, iTunes

Scythe

Pro Member
Reaction score
A lot of you use iTunes, maybe you can help me.

All my music is already neatly organised and stuff, so no problem there. The problem is when I tell it to import the My Music folder, it skips a number of songs... I know they're there, I can play them and as far as I can tell from Winamp, the tags are already correct. So why doesn't iTunes add them to my library? :unsure: Anyone? :unsure:

I'm not sure but try manually dragging those songs to your Music section when iTunes is open.

Still nothing

And when I rightclick the song and choose "open with iTunes" it does nothing as well. I'm starting to suspect it's a codec thing.

Ah, well. Plenty of other media players out there.

That's weird. It's supposed to give you the option to convert the file. :unsure:

I don't know, try converting the song into mp3 (even if it is mp3, i don't know if it will work though), and bring it in to iTunes. I don't think iTunes works with Wma files.

If it's a protected WMA/WMV file, iTunes will not import it. (see iTunes help: Importing music and video already on your computer)

I know it's a pain, but burn the song to an audio CD with WinMediaPlayer or some other player, then use iTunes to import the CD as .mp3 or .m4p and it should work.

That is also the way to get around protected files you purchase from iTunes btw (I know I know, you have an iPod so you don't have to HAVE CDs, but sometimes it's the only way...)...NOT that I'm promoting that <_< :ph34r:

As others have suggested, we really need to know what type of file it is.

iTunes for Windows can import unprotected WMA files, but Apple has ironically not provided this feature to us Mac users.

They're all mp3's

As far as I can tell they're not protected at all. I'll just stick with Windows Media Player :p

Anyways thanks for all the feedback folks

Back