Favorite movie soundtrack?

hehehe...thx...makes me smile everytime I look at it....

----------------------------------------------------------------
Behind enemy lines ( Feeder - Brand New Car )

Batman Begins
Kingdom of Heaven
Gladiator
Sin City
Moulin Rouge Pt 1 and 2
Equilibrium
Mortal Combat
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (new movie)

Super Troopers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

38 special - Trooper with an attitude

Bubbles - Bidibodi Bidibu <--- ur gonna like this one , Bloodlessr ..it has gud beats

ummmm... Rocky IV... hello?? :D Seriously though I love that one. I also like "The Crow" and "Braveheart", to name a few.

Maybe it's because I'm older than most here but the movie soundtracks I love the most:

BladeRunner - Vangelis
Rushmore - Various Artists
Heavy Metal : The Original Score by Elmer Bernstein (not the Rock soundtrack)
I Am Sam - Beatles Covers
Amadeus

and if you reall want retro theres always :
Purple Rain

Originally posted by P_R_Rice@Sep 2 2005, 10:41 AM
ummmm... Rocky IV... hello?? :D Seriously though I love that one. I also like "The Crow" and "Braveheart", to name a few.
OHH MAN!!! I HAVE THAT SOUNDTRACK!!! I love Rocky; the best tracks are the Vincent DiCola scores.

Originally posted by ALDR123456789N+Sep 2 2005, 08:21 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ALDR123456789N @ Sep 2 2005, 08:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-P_R_Rice@Sep 2 2005, 10:41 AM
OHH MAN!!! I HAVE THAT SOUNDTRACK!!! I love Rocky; the best tracks are the Vincent DiCola scores. [/b][/quote]
No doubt! the training montage is the best!

yeah....rocky does kick ass.... :)

------------------------------------------

Road Trip --> Twisted Sister - I want to rock

Life Aquatic - i'm in love with seu jorge now
Eternal Sunshine - i love the beck song in this one
Garden State - but i got a little tired of the shins about a year ago

Well, there doesn't seem to be a specified type of cinema soundtrack. So, although everyone is seemingly posting soundtracks with singing music, I would like to offer some that have orchestral music:

The Mission

Ennio Morricone's best work. Track #3 Gabriel's Oboe nearly brings me to tears every time.

Cast Away, Contact

Although Alan Silvestri has a great body of work, these two (and yes, Forrest Gump is great, without saying) ring chords in me. Cast Away's score is subtle and hardly there, but the reoccurring sound at the films end is moving and emotional, especially in the heartfelt line "Tomorrow the sun will rise...Who knows what the tide will bring?" In Contact, Track #11: Small moves...Most excellent.

Joe Versus the Volcano

It was a combined effort from two: Peter Gordon and Georges Delerue. This soundtrack is cute at first, but then great towards the end (Remember the speech Hanks gives Ryan on top of the Volcano?) where its emotional content almost out-does the film. I'm still looking for this soundtrack, btw... <_<

Anything John Barry

One of the more notable pieces (Besides Out of Africa and Dances with Wolves) was Indecent Proposal. Listen to the rise in Track #8. It's called the "Instrumental Suite." Just like life, there are many ranges of emotions in it...

Howard Shore's Ring's Trilogy

Brilliant. Enough said.

Meet Joe Black, Road to Perdition

Thomas Newman has a great vision for music that captures emotional eruption. Both these films are scored brilliantly.

I could go on and on. I won't. :D

QP

Back