eToys

niggs0026

Reaction score
I hope everyone here has good memories as this commercial is fairly old. It was an eToys commercial when, I believe, the parent is fishing with the kid and then goes on eToys and buys goggles to promote their easy service. (There was a whole series of these commercials). Anyway, the song was pretty much just soft, easy humming with a nice melody. It was actually used in tonight's episode of SNL, which resparked my memory, when Horatio Sanz is driving the car. I hope someone can help; I've been scouring the internet for quite a while with no luck.

I recognize the music, seems like it's been used recently in an ad too -- but I can't place it. :unsure:

Originally posted by Finchy@Dec 7 2003, 03:23 PM
I seem to remember a bunch of eToys commercials using the song "Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole.
I'm not sure it sounded like either of those two songs -- When we saw the skit, I commented that the music reminded me of that "humming" type song throughout the movie, RAISING ARIZONA.

I don't know, though... :unsure:

Originally posted by Finchy@Dec 7 2003, 03:23 PM
I seem to remember a bunch of eToys commercials using the song "Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole.
Actually, I think that is it. Do you know if at any point in the song does he start humming? I am pretty sure that's the music, but perhaps the humming "version" was specially made? Interesting...

Btw, thanks for the help and input.

The whole song (or at least most of it) was used in an episode of ER and there was humming at the beginning.

Hi, new here. I am looking for a song to a internet toy store commercial around 2000-2001. It was a guy humming with a guitar and some lyrics. I think the commercial had firefly's flying around. The company may have been named "toysmart". I have been looking for this for a while, your help is appreciated.

I found the answer with a little more research. The toy store is etoys. The song is "Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World" by Israel Kamakowiwo'ole on the album "Facing Future". This song was also used in other commercials as well as ER. :D

I don't know what company the ad was made for, but here's a description of the ad: A guy takes his car in for a carwash. His son is in the backseat, and is amazed because it's apparently the first time he's seen a carwash. The dad notices this and later on searches the internet for a carwash toy. The next scene is the son playing with this toy, driving a little plastic car through a mini plastic carwash..
The song playing the whole time is just an acoustic guitar with some woman saying oooh, oooh, oooh, or something like that.

I just found out that the commercial was for eToys.com. It was made sometime in 2000.

Can anyone help me out here?
Thanks!
dudemcmann

Update:
NEVER MIND, i figured it out.
The song is an unplugged version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"
sung by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. You can find it on the album "Alone in IZ World."
Check it out, it's a good song!

I am trying to find the title/artist of a song on an older (from within the last 2.5 years) car commercial. I don't remember the brand of the car, but I remember it was nighttime and they showed the sky and/or moon at one point. There may have been people (kids?) sleeping in the car.

For those of you who have heard "Breakdown" by Jack Johnson, the first 13 seconds or so sound quite a bit like the song on the commercial I'm thinking of. If you know the commercial I'm talking about, please let me know which kind of car it is.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I remember Van Morrison's "Moondance" being used in ad for the Infiniti FX45. Of course, I've never heard "Breakdown", so sorry in advance if I'm way off.

I'll take a guess (don't know the Jack Johnson song, either) ...

Maybe ...

Nick Drake - "Pink Moon" ???

Was used in an old VW ad ...

I dunno ...
Right or wrong ...
Enjoy!
There you go.

I think you're probably correct, DJ—I forgot about that VW commercial, but I can see how someone might find that "Pink Moon" sounds like a Jack Johnson song. Contrarily, it would be hard for someone find any similarity between the sounds of Morrison and Johnson, plus "Moondance" is too famous and obvious a song.

I got to thinking ...

Maybe the ad you're thinking of was for Geico Insurance ... the one where the kids and the gecko are sleeping in the backseat of a minivan as the parents drive on ...

If so, the song you're looking for ...

Candace Harrison - "Asleep"

Geico page about it

Candace Harrison page

At either of these sites, you can download a 37 second clip of the song ...

Right or wrong ...
Enjoy!
There you go.

Wow, you guys are great! Thanks for all your suggestions. Unfortunately I checked out all three of those songs and none of them seem to be the song I'm looking for.

For those of you who haven't heard "Breakdown," it and the song I'm thinking of have a simple guitar intro, with light chords played in repetition. (It almost reminds me of the chords of the piano piece many people know, "Heart and Soul.")

You know, I remember that commercial with the kids in the [SUV?] ... but I thought it was during the day. I seem remember the same song being used in another commercial (same company?) where four friends pull up to the party at night, take a look at the rowdiness, then turn around and go cruising down the coastal highway just checking out the stars ... 'cause I've done the same thing before. I'm almost positive that it used the tune that sounds like "Breakdown" (Johnson). This commercial was defintely a car, maybe a convertible.

Sorry, I would search AdTunes, but the search feature isn't working now.

OK, got my search working again and found the ad I remember ... it was "Pink Moon". Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I was just telling my friend about my dilemma with trying to figure out this song. A few hours later, she was playing various songs, and randomly enough, not even intentionally, she played

"Over the Rainbow" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

The exact song I was thinking of. Thanks for all your help, guys!

Upon Googling this song, turns out, it was used in an eToys commercial. It was also used in the Finding Forrester soundtrack. I'm not sure if I've seen the eToys commercial, but it sounds familiar. I have seen Finding Forester. I'm not sure which I was thinking of when I was thinking of a car commercial...

This has been bugging me for some time, but I've searched the web and can't find anything about it.
Is Jack Johnson's song Breakdown (the beginning guitar part) in a commercial for a Laundry Detergent/Bleach? I just remember two boys rolling in the mud with white shirts on.
Thanks for any response!
x] Alexis Rae

Back