Discovery Channel Deadliest Catch and I Shouldn't Be Alive

Thats a pretty good idea about cc. I was hoping somebody had turned up something as I was at work all day...o well. Keep up the searching...i just keep ending up here :( I would agree it sounds a little like T.a.T.U. The voice is close to Amy Lee but there is a difference enough for me to know its not her. My guess is its somebody new we've never heard of. I'm searching Myspace.com but haven't found anything yet.

i notice a pretty good difference in the voice between this girl and amy lee. what does sound a lot like amy lee is the style she is singing and the style of music.

I was just thinking...what if this is a guy's voice? Do you guys remember that young country singer Billy Gilman? I think it kind of sounds like him too, only I haven't heard him in a while so I could be off. Just food for thought.

I spent a good hour at least looking for this GD song!! :!@#$: I've got nuthin...But it's bugging me beyond belief. I'm gonna say not Evanescence or Amy Lee or Kelly Clarkson. No way. I'll bet this is a group or singer who hasn't released anything yet. Just going out on a limb and I'm sure I'll eat my words later.. <_<

Don't forget about Joan Osbourne, her song one of us sounds exactly like this singer.
-Micro

found another site talkin about this song and they seem to be getting somewhere with the discovery channel, a few of them called and found that discovery may not be sure who did the song but that the might have an answer next week (possibly) this sounds like a good forum to keep an eye on.

Hello all, I also have been searching for this song since I first saw the aforementioned ad. Considering how nothing can be found about it, what I have concluded is that the commercial producers wanted to use an Evanescence song, but could not because either Evanescence's record label refused to allow it, or Discovery Channel simply didn't want to pay for it. Thus, the commercial producers probably requested that the audio production guys working for them supply a song that sounds to the effect of the Evanescence song that they had in mind. It could have been made in-house by the audio guys with hired studio musicians, or they could have found the song online or through industry connections. If you guys have been spending as much time as you say you have trying to find this song on the internet, then it probably didn't exist before the commercial; the producers wouldn't have spent as much time as you're spending to find the song to use. Somebody mentioned either on this or the Discovery Channel forum, that because the song sounds chopped up to fit in the commercial, that it probably wasn't made for the ad; I don't think that really means anything.

I'm pretty sure that the name of the piece is "I Run to You" or "Run to You", because that line is the last in the chorus, is repeated consecutively, and sounds like it is meant to be the hook of the song (even though everyone notices the "only time can turn against us". It's a horribly trite line and song name, and it's even a line from the song "Farther Away" by Evanescence (I haven't heard that song, but that is what I've found from Google).

If this song belongs to some unknown band out there, then this unknown band seems to be keeping it a secret; considering how desperate unknown artists are for publicity, it's very odd that they don't have enough of a presence on the internet to have one hit on Google, especially with this buzz about the commercial. If they were trying to cultivate buzz, we would know who we're buzzing about. Sorry if this is disappointing (it is for me), but unless announcements are made indicating otherwise, this song was made in-house for the ad.

Does anyone know who sings this song? It's on a promotional commerical for the Discovery Channel's "The Deadliest Catch" and "I Shouldn't Be Alive" specials.

The lyrics go something like this:

"Only time can turn against us
Cause without you I am helpless
So I run to you"

The tune sounds SO much like Joan Osborne's "What if God Was One of Us?" but the voice sounds kind of like Hillary Duff.

Anybody know the artist or title?

Thanks!

After listening to it some more it's not Evanescence, but it does have the same feel to it.

I think Boyd brings up some good points, although I really hope it's not an in house song :(

Great news on the Discovery Channel Discussion Forum. Here's a post from Discovery:

discovery-channel

Posted 03-07-06 03:30 PM
Hold on -- I just came across this strand. I'm checking in with our marketing folks to ask.

Kristen
Program Development, Discovery Channel

Hopefully she gets something for all of us that have been waiting to find out about this song!

The hunt is over.

So, my colleague tells me that we had a group called CUE11 Music score that song (it's not, as some people speculated, Evanescence).

Unfortunately it only lives as a one-minute and a 30-second cut, though.

But it's great feedback for us to know people like it, and we've made note of that.

Thanks for posting,

Kristen
Program Development, Discovery Channel

Too Bad.

Here's a response I got from Cue11 music:

Glad to hear you like our song. It was written and produced especially for The Discovery Channel. Composed by David D. Cebert. The singer is one of our studio singers, named AMANDA. She’s 18. So far, the song doesn’t have its’ own title (perhaps “RUN TO YOU” would be appropriate). The song is not on our website (cue11.com) because it is owned by The Discovery Channel. However, there are many new indie artists that we have signed recently that appear on our website. Please feel free to search them out and enjoy listening to their music.

Looks like we're out of luck

Mike

Hey all, on the Discovery forums page, the same Kristen that is in programming development wrote a post that said that due to all the demand we have given them, they contacted Cue11 and are having them bring Amanda back to record a full version of the song. She said they'd post it online in a few weeks. This is great news for all of us.

The song was written by Cue11 and sung by Amanda (18 years old) according to someone at Discovery Channel. They have had so much response to the song, they contacted Cue11 and asked them to bring Amanda back in the studio and do a full version of the song. They said it will be available at iTunes in the next two weeks. It was written for the commercial and originally called Acclaim 60 but I would expect it will have a better name when they put it on iTunes. There are two different forums on Discovery Channel about the song. Here's a link to one of them where most of this information came from

http://community.discovery.com/groupee/for.../6491997028/p/3

Hey all, long-time user, first time poster here. I've never had to register until now because every question I have had has been answered using the search function... guess I'm just perpetually behind in the search for music :p Thank you all for providing such a valuable resource. :) I'll be keeping an ear out for the full-length version. Hopefully soon!

Holy Crap! Do you understand that this is so cool! It is actually feeling weird to hear the whole song! We have searched for so long! WOW =) Thank you! You all have worked so hard! It paid off!

Holy Crap that song is awesome, if anyone has downloaded it let me know cuz I friggin want it on a cd. It's so rewarding to finally hear the whole version.

Back