Diamond is Forever "How Can I Tell You" Cat Power

the song is all over the net for down loading. it is cat power "how do i tell you"

Taken from Matador Records:

"And yes, that is Chan you hear singing the Cat Stevens song "How Can I Tell You" in the new DeBeers ad. No plans to release it as far as we know, so quit asking."

Heh.

hi! someone asked if they were the only one to join this forum to find out a song. no you are not. i have been intrigues by this song from the first time i heard it. I Want This Song!!!!! it's just to sweet and romantic to not add to the collection. Cat Stevens covered it so i have to download as many versions of this song as possible.

Originally posted by eljhama79@Nov 3 2007, 02:51 AM
[snip]Cat Stevens covered it so i have to download as many versions of this song as possible.
Cat Stevens recorded the ORIGINAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_<

I know everyone wants to find the Cat Power version of the "How Can I Tell You" Cat Stevens cover, but it's never been released. However I did find a version that Liz Durrett performed and has for download on her myspace page http://www.myspace.com/lizdurrett .

I know it's not Cat Power, but it's a pretty good version.

Ok, I hate to beat a dead horse, but I've downloaded Cat Powers' version and Liz Durrett's version, but they both don't sound anything like the commercial. The one that I found that is EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE COMMERCIAL is by Chan Marshall. People can attack me and call me a liar, that's fine, that's just what I found, and so I'm sticking to it. As long as I got the right song, I'm happy! :blink:

Originally posted by brightness1130@Nov 6 2007, 07:47 AM
Ok, I hate to beat a dead horse, but I've downloaded Cat Powers' version [snip]The one that I found that is EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE COMMERCIAL is by Chan Marshall. [snip]
Aren't Chan Marshall and Cat Power the same person?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_Power

Cat Power is the stage name of American singer/songwriter Charlyn "Chan" Marshall (born Charlyn Marie Marshall on 21 January 1972). She is known for her minimalist style, sparse guitar and piano playing, and ethereal vocals.

:blink: :unsure: :rolleyes: :eek: <_<

ITS INGRID MICHAELSON. THINKING OF YOU.

i cant believe i just made a username here just to say that but i ssaw like 30 million responses that were all wrong. its ingrid michaelson. search her on myspace. thats who sings it.

well while i made account here i might as well ask my own question. who sings the latest diamonds are forever commercial song. its not the im allways thinking of you one its a different one.

Originally posted by rachall1314@Jan 2 2008, 11:35 AM
ITS INGRID MICHAELSON. THINKING OF YOU.

i cant believe i just made a username here just to say that but i ssaw like 30 million responses that were all wrong. [snip]
Whatever. <_<

You must be 30 million times smarter than people who believe it is Cat Power.

:rolleyes:

i only think its ingrid michaelson becuase ive heard that song before the commercial even came out. and altho cat power SOUNDS like it, its not. when i first heard the commercial i was like oh, thats ingrid michaelson. she doesnt have it on her myspace anymore but i am dead certain. cat power just has the same breathyness.

i only say its ingrid because she had the song on her myspace of her singing it and i can recognize the voice becuz i listen to alot of her music.

cat power is just a soundalike.

:)

Sigh - this commercial's song snippet is by Cat Power. Period. Not INGRID MICHAELSON or anyone else. Ingrid my sing it on MySpace, Facebook, Youtube, in the shower, while taking a dump, whatever ... but Cat Power walked out of DeBeer's ad agency with cash in hand for the commercial spot.

Everyone can stop hunting for Cat Power "Full Version" cuts of the cover songs HOW CAN I TELL YOU and SPACE ODDITY done for commercials - Chan Marshall only did a 30 second bit piece for each and has said countless times she's not doing full versions. Yes, there's a demand for them but as anyone who follows Cat Power knows, she's (to put it politely) weird in that way. :^) Unlike Shiny Toy Guns, not every cover Cat Power does is a full song.

If you still doubt any of this, go ask Chan herself.

Back