Dateline Tim Russert Piano Song?

Originally posted by keyboarder22@Jun 14 2008, 10:28 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/25...148900#25152731

It's been re-airing since his untimely death..At the 6 Minute 2 second mark there is a piano song that starts playing. It sounds very familiar and could be a standard.. I am dying to know what it is? Help!!
That is the introduction of the classic song "Take Me Out To The Ballgame".

I haven't compared them but the music heard in the video could very well be track 2 [" Take Me Out To The Ballgame (Piano)"] from the soundtrack for Ken Burns' BASEBALL.

:huh:

Wow, how can you two even hear it. I can barely make it out. Just as important, it's barely noticeble. :rolleyes:

I'm always on the look out for cool piano pieces and so I was hoping to hear something on the level of Rachel Portman's main title theme to The Cider House Rules, when I viewed the MSNBC link.

Eh... No offense, but is so bland! :angry:

Originally posted by Na_Pali_Coast_Kauai+Jun 15 2008, 07:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Na_Pali_Coast_Kauai @ Jun 15 2008, 07:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>:huh:

Wow, how can you two even hear it. I can barely make it out. Just as important, it's barely noticeble. :rolleyes: [/b]

It helped that I knew what the piece was even after a few notes. :D

<!--QuoteBegin-Na_Pali_Coast_Kauai
@Jun 15 2008, 07:21 PM
I'm always on the look out for cool piano pieces and so I was hoping to hear something on the level of Rachel Portman's main title theme to The Cider House Rules, when I viewed the MSNBC link.

Eh... No offense, but is so bland! :angry:
[/quote]
While I agree that "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" doesn't carry the emotional punch of a film's main title, I think its usage in this segment was very poignant.

Mr. Russert is shown sitting with his aged father, telling a story about his first baseball glove. This event is a rite of passage for many young boys, at least in the US, which in and of itself can bring a lump to a grown man's throat. Coupled with a solo piano rendition of the classic baseball song, it works very effectively IMO. :cry:

I'm sorry but I'm not a fan of Russert.

It is people like him and Chris Matthews who allowed the 2003 invasion of Iraq. <_<

Of course, I'm pretty sure he was a nice guy, a gread dad, a great son, a great husband and so on in his personal life, but that's hardly the reason why he's being recognized so well at the time of his death. It's his worthless work as a journalist that is his claim to fame. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Na_Pali_Coast_Kauai@Jun 16 2008, 08:40 PM
I'm sorry but I'm not a fan of Russert.

It is people like him and Chris Matthews who allowed the 2003 invasion of Iraq. <_<

Of course, I'm pretty sure he was a nice guy, a gread dad, a great son, a great husband and so on in his personal life, but that's hardly the reason why he's being recognized so well at the time of his death. It's his worthless work as a journalist that is his claim to fame. :rolleyes:
Yikes! This thread has taken a sudden turn, hasn't it? :eek:

Not sure how the man's political views and "worthless work as a journalist" have anything to do with what piece of music was used in a profile of his life.

Back