Cold Case Season 2

I haven't seen an entire new Simpsons episode in years. I just am disappointed in the new ones...

As for Cold Case... it's definitely one of my favorite shows. I love how they use period music and what they do in terms of showing the characters as they were back when the crime took place and then how they are now. Plus, all the crimes they present address some issue in today's society. I finally got around to watching last weekend's episode. It made me sad... but then again, they caught the "bad guys".

I would like to know the title and artist who performed the song in the closing of the April 17th episode of Cold Case. Thanks

Song list from tonight, all courtesy of John (Cougar) Mellencamp.

Jack & Diane
Face of the Nation
Hand to Hold Onto
Between a Laugh & a Tear
Lonely Ol' Town
Hurts So Good
Authority Song
Small Town

How they could do this episode without using Rain On the Scarecrow, I don't know.

~Gretchen

You missed "Walk Tall" (plays after opening credits commercial break) and "Crumblin' Down" (plays during the sisters inviction)

You're right... Crumblin' Down was so written on my list and in hasty transcription left out. And I must have missed Walk Tall.

Thanks. :)

There was more than one song I wanted... So does anyone know where I could find an episode guide?... I would appreciate any info... thanks!

Cold Case

From Cold Case ep called "Best Friends" About a 1930's white teen girl who fell in love with an African American teen girl, and it was a poem the african american girl about when she got beat up. "Ill use my broken teeth to pave your street"...the most boldly stated part of the poem I remember. Anyone have the full poem? Made me cry like a baby.

Hey I'm looking for the name of the song played at the end of the Cold Case "Best Friends" episode. I think it was mostly instrumental. And it was probably from the 1930s or 1940s. Or at least had that sound. It was soft and haunting, but I don't have too much info to go on. But maybe somebody who likes older music or just knows their stuff recognized it...? :)

In this episode, there were two girl in love, around 1930 or 40 or so -
and there was some beautiful poetry too in this episode, so if anyone knows the name of the poet or where to find the poems, I'm also interested in finding that out!

There was one poem by Rose wh/ I found a snippet of on a cold case site.

"I came up from the dark without you
And every day has been in shadow
I have begged the tide to wash away my sin
And take me to you
In the dark
But every day I surface again"

Couldn't find any clips of Billie's poems yet, though polkaxdotxdress, on here in her post, has the quote

"use my broken teeth to pave your street"
which sound about right to me, and I can't remember the rest.
(But the poetry did kind of remind me of Maya Angelou.)

hI I am looking too, so if I find anything out I will let you know, or maybe someone will answer one of our posts! Those poems were wonderful weren't they? I especially liked the one you are looking for, and the one Rose wrote about surviving the accident w/o Billie.

I haven't found the broken teeth poem yet, and that is too bad because that was arguably the best one on that show, and it went so quick I couldn't catch it. However I did find someone posted the poem where Rose surfaces from the wreck in the water. DOn't know if you are interested in that or not, but here it is, and I'll post again if I hear more about the other...

I came up from the dark without you
And every day has been in shadow
I have begged the tide to wash away my sin
And take me to you
In the dark
But every day I surface again
but in the spring,
i'm betrayed by the new earth.
with you in my heart,
then i'm borne again a green bud.
i am borne again . . . blooming.

Back