Cingular "Alone"

mmp413

Reaction score
Cingular "Alone"

I just heard a new ad on t.v. for a phone company (Sprint, I think?) featuring a really beautiful slow cover of Blondie's "Hanging on the Telephone" - sounds almost like Cat Power or something. Anyone know who sings it?

Any help with finding the New-Age-y music in the newest Cingular wireless commercial?
It aired 11/2 12:40 AM on Animal Planet.

Regards,
NM/FC

I also saw the new Cingluar commercial during Supernatural on WB.

It is NOT the Motorola ROKR ad, but has a guy waiting for a girl to call him, and he has the Cingular phone "with more bars in more places".

It sounds like the Concretes female lead-singer, but it could be anybody singing.

Anyone know the song?

thanks! i thought it sounded like her...is it on an album? i haven't been able to find any info about it.

The song is "Hanging on the Telephone" by Blondie. But that's not the version on the commercial. If I had to lay down money, it sounds like Beth Orton.

i'm pretty sure it's "hanging on the telephone" by cat power.
now if anybody could find me an mp3 of that, i would be eternally grateful.

The commercial starts out with a woman kissing a man goodnight and then it shows him waiting for her to call him back. The song has a belle and sebastian or rilo kiley sort of sound to it. I've only seen it once, but I'm pretty sure a woman sings it.

Duh, nevermind I'm dumb. There is an earlier topic that has the answer.
"hanging on the telephone" by cat power.

it's a great cover. if you want more info, go to sambisbee.com. i guess he helped produce and arrange the cover, with cat power on the vocals.

There's a pretty vocal in the very newest Cingular commercial.
(With the bridge and the bathroom, etc.)

On during Bones 11/8 about 8:05 PM.

the song's called "hanging on the telephone." it's a blondie cover by cat power. if you want more info, go to sambisbee.com.
i don't believe the song's available.

does anyone know the song in the current cingular commercial---the commercial where a woman is looking through photos of her and her hubby--like at sea world, skiing, at their wedding.... the lyrics in the song talk about being on the telephone. I am having a complete mind blank as to the exact lyrics right now...

any help??? big thanks in advance. it bugs me to death everytime i see the commercial!

I would really like to know the name of the song on the new cingular allover commercial. The only thing I know about the commercial is that this guy and girl go on a date and the guy keeps waiting for the girl to call him and at the end of the commercial she does. If anyone could help that would be great.

Thanks

Hi,

I know this isn't a brand new topic but I hope someone out there can help. Have Googled it and found some info about the commerical but the song wasn't the right one.
This Cingular commercial is the one where the girl kisses the boy and says she'll call him. In the background there's a song playing and you can hear some of the lyrics.

" It's good to hear your voice, you've known it's been so long. If I don't get your call then everything goes wrong, don't leave me hanging/alone?"

The song that was suggested when I Googled it was The Faders - No Sleep Tonight on the Veronica Mars soundtrack but I'm pretty sure it wasn't the same song because the lyrics were different and it sounded totally different.

It's Cat Power's cover of The Nerves' "Hanging On The Telephone". I don't think it's been released anywhere, unfortunately.

Maybe I'm getting my songs and ads mixed up ...

But could the song you're looking for possibly be ...

Cat Power - "Hanging on the Telephone" (a redo of a Blondie song by the same name)

Right or wrong ...

Enjoy!

There you go.

Could it be Hanging on the Telephone by.. Blondie, Anatara, the Kickovers, or THe Kirby Grips or Senergy?? Thats whats listed for that song on Itunes samples..

it's a dreary-looking commercial. there's a woman and a guy on cell phones walking around. i know that the song is "hanging on the telephone" but it's not the blondie, sinergy, or l7 version. it's a lot slower and a girl sings it. i really want to find this version for my large music collection.

it's already been answered in the 2 other threads. the song's called "hanging on the telephone" and this version was sung by cat power (in collaboration with sam bisbee). per sam, the song's not available in the market because cingular commissioned them to do it. there's all the legal red tape involved.

Back