Chrysler 300 C

tango2028

Reaction score
whats the song thats playing in the background of the Chrysler 300 C commercial

Although I knew it would be an act of futility, I send Chrysler an e-mail. As expected, I gained nothing but frustration. Have any ideas on how we could identify the company that does their advertising? More likely than not, they will respond positively.

I have heard this song before. its hip hop. its 2003-2004 song...and it goes somethin like..."let it goo..."...multiple times...dunno the name of the song

i am familiar with both the commercial and the song "in da club" and i do not think that song is the music in the commercial...unfortunately i dont have a better suggestion..

I know for sure its hip hop...its like this guy with a very heavy voice.....if i can find some pc piano thing ill put a piece of the song that i remember..that might assist figuring out the song..

somewhere there is an artist trying to sell their music, certainly we can find name of track and artist of the chrysler 300c commercial, kind of a techno rhythm with
a pseudo- egyptian, moroccan or middle eastern turn at the end (at the end of the portion we can hear in the commercial)

i've looked far and wide...

I came here this morning via a Google search for that song title also, hoping to find the answer. Well, this afternoon all of a sudden the 'Yeah! Yeah!' lyric came to me and I did a search. the song is 'Yeah!' by Usher featuring Lil Jon and Ludacris - unless I'm mistaken.

Since I know it was driving me crazy, I thought I'd be kind enough to quickly register and share :)

http://www.last.fm/user/pgiampi1/journal/2...005/12/4/39336/

While the song has no Middle Eastern context, “Outrageous” is written to evoke elements of an Arabic music through both the beat and the melodic material. Rather than providing a straight-ahead beat pattern, the electronic percussion used in the song are often springing off of syncopations that create a more exotic feel. Layered on top of this is a vocal melody that includes elements of an exotic scale, specifically an augmented second that takes place between scale degrees b2 and 3. Paired with Spears’s voice is a synthesizer manipulated to sound like some sort of reed instrument, further evoking a Middle Eastern sound. This melodic element has two very recognizable cousins, one of them occurring much earlier than 2003. Ellie Hisama’s essay “From L’Etranger to ‘Killing an Arab’” explores a similar relationship in a 1986 song by The Cure. While that song had the context of an Albert Camus novel as its reason for evoking such exoticism, Spears has used a similar means to merely make the song more seductive and striking to the listener. Such exoticism would perhaps also put more attention on the lyrics. The other similar example to this that I allude to is Kelis’s “Milkshake”. While the 2003 album Tasty which features “Milkshake” was released a month after In the Zone, the song had been released as a single in late August and was finding itself all over the airwaves. In an interlude-passage Kelis sings a motive based on scale degrees b2 and 1, evoking here and in other places a feeling of Phrygian modality. Further assisting the exoticism of this song is the use of antique cymbals (commonly known as finger cymbals), evoking more exoticism in the form of what most people associate this instrument with - belly dancing.

i've compared the two (tv commercial and "outrageous" by britney spears) and they do not sound to be the same song

Arghh :angry:
I purchased that Britney Spears song off iTunes and also verified it is NOT the song.
It was used in a different commercial but not the 300 C

I saw someone put up $10. to Google answers to get the results so it is driving everyone nuts.

Has someone captured the commercial and made an MP3 of the portion used in the commercial for us to make comparisons? If so please post.

i finally found the song after 1 hr of lookign- its ringside-struggle it has the techno beat and everything

I have the commercial TiVo'd but I have no clue how to turn it into an MP3. Anyone want to walk me through that? Do I need an A/V system or something?

Anyway it's definitely not Struggle by Ringside. Only similarity is the clapping.

I saw the commercial only once but give this song a try "Break it on Down (Battlezone)" by Flii Stylz & Tenshus

it's definately not Yeah. unless you're talking about a different chrysler commercial ;) Quagmire, do you have a sample of that Break It on Down song? i can't find it anywhere :unsure:

i think it could be that break it on down song (battlezone) by Flii Stylz & Tenshus
they might have taken the beat or vice-versa
but the song is not listed on itunes ..

Back