Chocolat

JAGrey

Reaction score
Does anyone know the title of the song that plays during the story of Vianne's parents' romance in the movie Chocolat? I originally thought that it was part of the original score because it is an orchestral piece with the same playful composition, but it wasn't on the score.

I also heard it in a deleted scene in Girl, Interrupted when Susanna talks to her mother. It's the song the mother plays on the piano, and she says she once played it at the conservatory.

I've checked the song listing for Chocolat on imdb.com but I can't find any of the songs on iTunes to check them out, so I figured I'd ask on here since everyone has an amazing knowledge of film music.

Do you think any of the listed songs on imdb is it? I can listen to most of these I think on Rhapsody. Erik Satie is piano/classical/avant-garde-ish Trois Gnossiennes is playful it goes up and down the piano leisurely not too fast..Let me know.
P.S. Since Chocolat is a French movie kinda..it makes sense to use Erik Satie as he is French.. :)

That's it! I found a MIDI of it to check. Thank you so much!

Back