Celtic Music

bon

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm holding a St. patty's day party at my house and was wondering if anyone could help me with some Celtic or Irish music. I'm looking for something along the lines of the Boondock Saints theme song.

Thanks alot,
Bon

I love that theme song. I teach dance and I used it last year for one of my classes. Have you checked out the Riverdance, Lord of the Dance, or Feet of Flames soundtracks? They're great because they have a lot of upbeat Irish music. This really doesn't go along with that same type, but my favorite Irish band is Gaelic Storm. They've got some folky, laid back music, but they also do a lot of traditional jigs and stuff. Good luck!

The Corrs - Home

It's full of traditional Irish/celtic music.

I have lots of others...will search and get back to you.

Clannad does really great celtic music, though they can be a bit on the serious side.

For Irish punk, nothing beats Dropkick Murphys, especially their covers of old Republican songs like the "Worker's Song" and "Auld Triangle".

:ph34r:
Nice celtic music from the soundtrack of Lord of the Dance.
Songs such as Lament

Try also:

Hevia - Bushinder Reel
Chicane - Saltwater
Miriam Stockley - Brave New World
Many songs from Clannad
And listen to music from the Celtic group Ceredwen
Also listen to CDs titled Spirits of the World as many unknown yet good Irish and Celtic music exist on such CDs.

:ph34r: Ireland Rocks :ph34r:

Cry of the Celtic by Lord of the Dance
Drunken Sailor by Irish Rovers
Farewell To Nova Scotia by Irish Rovers
Finnegan's Wake by Irish Rovers
Harvest Storm by Altan
Heart of the Ocean by Gaelic Storm
Hills of Connemara by Gaelic Storm
Irish Party In Third Class by Gaelic Storm
King Of The Fairies by Gaelic Storm
Orange and the Green by Irish Rovers
Puff The Magic Dragon by Irish Rovers
Riverdance by Bill Whelan
Rocky Road To Dublin by Dropkick Murphys
Rocky Road to Dublin by Fables
Rocky Road to Dublin by Gaelic Storm
Rocky Road to Dublin by Irish Decendants
Unicorn by Irish Rovers
Waltzing Matilda by Irish Rovers

flogging molly is a great choice as well as gaelic storm and dropkick murphy's. My personal favorites are:

Kiss my Irish Ass- Flogging Molly
Johnny Jump Up- Gaelic Storm
I Shipping Up to Boston- Dropkick Murphy
Snoopy vs. the Red Barron- Irish Rovers

those are just to name a few.

Good luck and ádh mór ort!

oh i forgot! The song "Whisky in the Jar"( not the metallica version) is a good one. If you can find it i know U2 did a killer version

These are all great suggestions. Literally, anything by Flogging Molly and DKM is EXACTLY what you need.

But you said Boondock Saints and I immidiately know a song u'd like regardless of the fact that it's only about 40 seconds long...

Jedi Mind Tricks- Boondock Saints Interlude

It would be a good song to y'know be the INTRO of the party...

Check out The Mudmen. Very Irish sound and they are a step down from Dropkick Murphys. If you like Dropkick, give Mudmen a listen.

Back