Celebrity voice-overs in commercials

If you mean the current ones with a male voice, I believe it is the same voice that narrates "Frontline" on PBS- Will Lyman. He has an awesome voice! But in a way, its sad really. He has that kind of voice you trust (probably from all that Frontline work) and now he's selling stuff. *sigh*

Yeah Zach Braff is selling his soul and for what? More money? He's making millions on Scrubs plus his movies..oh well.

I like Will Lyman. Ok I love him. I watch Frontline all the time and I love his voice plus I like BMW's. :wub:

Who is the voice for the Citi commercials? I'm thinking Isaiah Washington or Blair Underwood but I know it's not them. I just can't place it. Anyone? :unsure:

Originally posted by sketchyrx@Jun 1 2007, 11:39 PM
Who is the voice for the Citi commercials? I'm thinking Isaiah Washington or Blair Underwood but I know it's not them. I just can't place it. Anyone? :unsure:
Forest Whitaker

Originally posted by jca+Jun 7 2007, 10:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jca @ Jun 7 2007, 10:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sketchyrx@Jun 1 2007, 11:39 PM
Forest Whitaker [/b][/quote]
:wub:

Edie McClug is the voice on a Stop & Shop commercial, and California cheese.

I keep hearing what I am sure is Goerge Takei aka Sulu as the voice of an animated face in an ad. Just can't recall what he's selling at the moment. :unsure:

I think i heard Rob Lowe in a Mazda commercial tonight. It's the one with the red car following a blue car,and finally catching it on the top of a parking structure.

Hi, I don't really know what forum this belongs in, so I'll just put it here. I've often wondered about the music in neat adverts, but it's fairly easy to find the music in them. What is far more difficult to find is the narrators in those advertisements!

For example, some of the BMW commercials are narrated by a fellow I've heard in many places before, most notably in some early Discovery channel programming. Three of the commercials in question are availably legally on BMW's website. The following is a link to a search on their website — the bottom three commercials with the prefix " Certified Pre-Owned" are those I'm curious about:

BMW Search Page

Does anybody here know who that voice actor is? I don't know what I'll do with the knowledge of his name, I'm just curious to see what all he's narrated & voiced. Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by Jambe@Oct 5 2007, 12:25 AM
Hi, I don't really know what forum this belongs in, so I'll just put it here. I've often wondered about the music in neat adverts, but it's fairly easy to find the music in them. What is far more difficult to find is the narrators in those advertisements!

For example, some of the BMW commercials are narrated by a fellow I've heard in many places before, most notably in some early Discovery channel programming. Three of the commercials in question are availably legally on BMW's website. The following is a link to a search on their website — the bottom three commercials with the prefix " Certified Pre-Owned" are those I'm curious about:

BMW Search Page

Does anybody here know who that voice actor is? I don't know what I'll do with the knowledge of his name, I'm just curious to see what all he's narrated & voiced. Thanks in advance!
:D

Wil Lyman - I believe he also does the recent Dos Equis Beer Most interesting man in the world commercials. Love Lyman voice on Frontline, NOVA, and other documentarys.

Back