Beyond the Black Rainbow

I think I might have found the wrong reference, after browsing through their music nothing sounds like the track playing at 1:33, continuing my search ...

It's taking me a lot more effort than I would expect for a film which first started showing its face in 2010. However, I did manage to finally discover the following article which highlights Jeremy Schmidt's efforts in scoring the movie.

http://www.spectacularoptical.ca/2011/09/wasn’t-the-future-wonderful/

This article also includes a screenshot from the movie which I don't recognize from the trailers.

It seems that I'm getting closer to the source of this interesting piece of 'analog-synth' music, with this individual's name the track might finally reveal its hiding place to me - if it has been leaked.

I'm getting very close, I have now found that Jeremy Schmidt is the keyboardist for Black Mountain. If you browse youtube for music by Black Mountain you'll have no doubt it's the 'right sound'. I haven't found the track in the movie itself, as it is clearly unreleased, but here's some other great sounds by the group to hang on to in the mean time;

Black Mountain - Bright Lights 2of2 - YouTube
Black Mountain - Queens Will Play - YouTube
Black Mountain - Thirteen Walls - YouTube
Black Mountain - Evil Ways - YouTube

Yea I got as far as finding Jeremy Schmidt but couldn't find anything else! Thank you for searching around. It's such a fascinating clip I wish we could find the song!

Hey! So, I was very interested in this song as well, and I checked out the director's twitter feed. Looks like lots of folks have been asking, and his response is that all the music featured in the (2012) trailer is from the OST, and he is thinking about releasing a vinyl/download. So, basically, this song isn't for available sale or download anywhere yet, but will be when the OST is released.

Back