BasketBall Anyone?

:ph34r:
Georgetown is guarenteed the Championship. They have it all....and they can beat the other Final Four Teams. I live in Atlanta....and I have tickets. But I am not sure I will go. Work is first.

I hate Ohio State...They are too overrated and too cocky.
I hate Florida........Hard to do a repeat and think they do not deserve to win.
I like UCLA.....But I am going for Georgetown.

Originally posted by capnmunch+Mar 25 2007, 12:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (capnmunch @ Mar 25 2007, 12:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by sickboy@Mar 22 2007, 02:49 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-givemfitz
@Mar 22 2007, 05:31 PM
Tar Heel <_<

are you kidding me?
the school's mascot is a tar heel?
that's weird, even if it does refer to the people of north carolina.
what's u.c. santa cruz's mascot?
It's the school's nickname, not it's mascot. There isn't a giant tarred foot running around getting the crowd fired up during games. :rolleyes: The name has historical significance in the state, and so it makes sense that it would be used by the state's flagship university—kinda like the Tennessee Volunteers. It's original, if a bit confusing.

Now, time to go stomp on some Hoyas. :D [/b][/quote]
so what's their mascot?

Originally posted by sickboy+Mar 28 2007, 11:43 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sickboy @ Mar 28 2007, 11:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by capnmunch@Mar 25 2007, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by sickboy@Mar 22 2007, 02:49 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-givemfitz
@Mar 22 2007, 05:31 PM
Tar Heel <_<

are you kidding me?
the school's mascot is a tar heel?
that's weird, even if it does refer to the people of north carolina.
what's u.c. santa cruz's mascot?

It's the school's nickname, not it's mascot. There isn't a giant tarred foot running around getting the crowd fired up during games. :rolleyes: The name has historical significance in the state, and so it makes sense that it would be used by the state's flagship university—kinda like the Tennessee Volunteers. It's original, if a bit confusing.

Now, time to go stomp on some Hoyas. :D
so what's their mascot?[/b][/quote]
UNC's mascot is a ram. Sadly, the guy who dressed up as the mascot was hit by a car and died on Monday. :(

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/bask...0246/index.html

wow, that is sad.
sorry for all the questions about mascots and college stuff, i don't really follow it.
i guess i can see your point about the whole tarheel thing, the college here are called the islanders since the college is on an island.

well, since my heels were knocked out i guess that i am going to have to pull for Ohio State, because i can not stand the gators. i want them to get their asses kicked, but i doubt that will happen. looks like another championship for the gators. :sick: :sick: :sick: :annoyed: :!@#$: :!@#$:

Yeahhh sure looks that way. They did pass up millions to stay in school and repeat this year. :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: it will be very embar(ass)ing if the y loose..

Yeah, I don't care for either team, but I'm thinking it's the Gators again, which is actually who I picked to win in my office pool, not that I going to win. :angry: Back-to-back in basketball and the BCS championship is too much for one school, however. :annoyed: I guess I'll pull for the the Bucks, even though I think Olden is overrated. :p Damn Heels would be playing the Gators if they hadn't choked. :banghead:

The NC Tar Heels did not choke. They got choked by the Hoyas. Georgetown is a great team. In over time, Georgetown man-handled NC and that is NC's fault and no one elses. NC is notorious for losing in the final minutes of a big game.

I hope Florida wins. Atleast make some sort of history by repeating or being the same University to play Ohio State in Football and Basketball and win both Championships. Because this is the scenario the NCAA tournament has ended up in.

Just as with last football season the whole thing is over for me now. Just can't find it in me too care about either team or who wins. Won't be watching though I'm sure I'll hear who won at some point.

Right, but the only reason the game went to overtime was because the Heels could not buy a basket. If one of their many missed shots falls then they win, it's as simple as that. As far as being notorious for losing close games, that is simply not true. On the contrary, they are generally known for being clutch, and making comebacks, which is why what happened was so shocking to us Heels. This team, this year, however, did have a tendency of blowing big leads and losing focus, be it because of youth or for lack of having a go-to guy.

Hey, but at least we didn't need to benefit from the refs missing a clear travelling violation to get to the Elite Eight. Wasn't Georgertown guaranteed to win it all? :lol: I guess their luck ran out.

Yes, Georgetown did fall short of the final appearance. The fact that NC, Kansas and UCLA lost is proof that no one should bet on the NCAA Tournament.

I, personally, was hoping to see some sort of Gerorge Mason type activity this year. Like some really unknown University making it atlest to the Final Four. But the Tournament stayed true to its form and ended up with the 1st and 2nd seeds in the Final Four and now the 2 Top Seeded teams in the Championship game. That is a huge credit to the NCAA officials who chose and seeded the Tournament.

But the NCAA Tournament has not been the same down here in Atlanta since Georgia Tech made the Final Four a few years back.

Yep, this year's tourney has really been a snoozer. No upsets, and the games have been relatively boring. The trend of football schools dominating is no big shock when you really think about it, and it looks to continue. The smaller schools will have a hard time succeeding in today's environment.

Our Heels will be back again next year and yes, they did blow the lead in hoya's game. the game was the Heels to win, but then with only a like a buck 5 left on the clock, the Heels had a 3 point lead and a time out with like 23 seconds on the game clock. what does Roy Williams do.. calls a damn time out and let the hoya's regroup and be able to shutdown the play. a stupid and costly time out by williams you ask me. i am still pissed about that game. it should be NC against the gators and to be honest i think the only team that could beat the gators was UNC. damn williams/ Heels.. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Back