BasketBall Anyone?

goldengloves88

Pro Member
Reaction score
if there are are college basketball lovers out there (like me), then who do you like in the Big Dance. my pick is North Carolina. Anyone else have a favorite?

Good man, gloves. That's my alma mater; well, one of them. So yeah, Carolina for me too. :woo:

Yeah looks like it should be the 'Heels & Gators. I'll be pulling for the West though. Go Bruins!!!! Surprisingly the Trojans are still in and More surprisingly a team I always secretly root for The Runnin' Rebs. :p

cool.. yeah, the bruins can let what happened to them against Indiana happen again. that was a close one and pretty much anyone's game. can not stand the gators though and of course i have to root for my HEELS against USC. should be a good game though.

the team's mascot is a heel?
like the foot?
did they run out of mascot ideas?

Originally posted by givemfitz@Mar 22 2007, 05:31 PM
Tar Heel <_<
are you kidding me?
the school's mascot is a tar heel?
that's weird, even if it does refer to the people of north carolina.
what's u.c. santa cruz's mascot?

My high school mascot was a Greek dude in a spaceman suit diving for sponges.

:lol: :lol: I don't think there's anything you could possibly add to that to make it better. Maybe a funny hat? :unsure: :lol:

It would be funnier if it were Elaine Benes instead of a greek guy. :p

Well no big surprises so far. But HEYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy BARTON in Div II

Originally posted by sickboy+Mar 22 2007, 02:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sickboy @ Mar 22 2007, 02:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-givemfitz@Mar 22 2007, 05:31 PM
Tar Heel <_<
are you kidding me?
the school's mascot is a tar heel?
that's weird, even if it does refer to the people of north carolina.
what's u.c. santa cruz's mascot?[/b][/quote]
It's the school's nickname, not it's mascot. There isn't a giant tarred foot running around getting the crowd fired up during games. :rolleyes: The name has historical significance in the state, and so it makes sense that it would be used by the state's flagship university—kinda like the Tennessee Volunteers. It's original, if a bit confusing.

Now, time to go stomp on some Hoyas. :D

You can always root for the Bruins with me. I really thought I'd be pulling for the Heels about now. ;)

Back