Another far fetched request

Aireeka_Jonez

Reaction score
This song has no distiguishable lyrics but is sung in another language i think. IT reminds me of bjork and enigma in one if that makes any sense. it has a very mysterious and mystical sound to it. I tried out for the olympic ceremonies for Salt lake to this music and it has been driving me crazy ever since. Song is at least 5 yrs old if not older. any ideas? good luck!

It could be a Sigur Rós song. You should check out their album Ágætis Byrjun, which I believe was released about five years ago. I'm just going out on a limb here, so sorry if I'm way off.

I love Sigur Ros. Capnmunch is probably right. If it sounds like some made-up language, it's probably them.

hmm? Not it. Somewhat of the same feel but the song i am thinking of is a little bit darker. has a faster beat than what i sampled but i only sampled that one album. The vocalist in this song is female if that helps at all.

Yeah. royksopp - what else is there kinda sounds like bjork singing.

well the tempo and just overall sound were alittle closer, but still not it. remeber it is a female vocalist with no discernable lyrics. thanks for your searching!

so if anybody could just randomly start nam ing songs that they think fit this description i would be very appreciative!

nope. thanks for trying though. please remember it's a female vocalist, alittle whiny sounding as far as i can remember. And the lyrics are most definitley not english. I don't think they are any language. song is previous to the year 2000 and kind of reminds me of the enigma song eyes of truth. it has that same mysterious sound to it.

When you say that you tried out for the Olympics, what did you do? Just curious. Who chose the music for whatever you did? Do you have any idea if this was a popular song? Also, when you say it's a female singing, do you mean that it was just a solo artist or were there background voices singing, too? I have no real idea, so I'm just going to throw out a few names of groups and artists that I enjoy that might be similar to what you're looking for.

Adiemus
Miriam Stockley (singer of Adiemus)
Enya
Clannad
Dead Can Dance
Lisa Gerrard (singer of Dead Can Dance; singer on the "Gladiator" soundtrack)
Deep Forest
Delerium (featuring various female vocalists)

while those were all good suggestions, unfortunately none of them match up. at least not the samples i heard. thanks though!

the voice in that song has a similar pitch to it. but it sounded a little to perky to be the song i'm thinking of. but we are getting closer!

sorry i'm going to bump it to give it one last shot before i let this one die

Back