American Red Cross

SusieQ2

Advanced Member
Reaction score
Hi all.. I was wondering if anyone out there knows anything about that haunting melody that the Red Cross has been using for their 'You don't know me but someday I may save your life' ad? It's strictly piano music but I love it and would like to find out more about it.. Thanks.. B)

:eek: Hi all.. I am hoping, since it's been so long since I sent the original inquiry about this ad music, that someone may have some information on it now.. This ad has been running pretty steadily (usually during the daytime) for a year or so and I'd still like to know if anyone knows anything about the music.. It's mostly piano, very haunting (at least to me, :lol: ) and it shows people in different places, doing different jobs and the voice over says: "You don't know me, but someday I may save your life".. Indicating if you give blood to the ARC, you may save your neighbor.. I'd really LOVE to download this music, if it's available.. Thanks everyone.. B)

Me, too! I've been looking forever for this one & another Red Cross ad with the old song..."Ooh, ooh Child, Things Are Going To Get Easier". Anyone knows who sings that one? It goes with the commercial about premature babies.

Thank you in advance for either or both songs! :D

Thanks, SusieQ, but I think the song in the ad is a newer recording. I like the original song, but I like the song in the commercial as well. I should have made my needs clearer, sorry.

I do hope both music questions can be answered by someone!

Thanks again!
Kimberly

No prob, Kim.. I'm going to try and keep this request up front in the hope that others will read it and, perhaps, someone will know the answer.. I'm also interested to know if someone knows who does the music for the new commercial for the product 'Green Works'.. They are cleaning products by Clorox.. The music is a sweet piano piece with a kind of 'Victorian' quality about it.. Thanks to anyone in advance that can answer our questions.. :rolleyes:

Reposting this add up front again.. Still hoping someone, somewhere has found out something about it.. Perhaps the writer/s? Anyway, the ad is still running today, I hear it at least 3-4 times a day, can't believe it's been on this long and none of you whiz-kids have been able to track down any info on it.. :lol: Thanks..

Hi all.. I am hoping, since it's been so long since I sent the original inquiry about this ad music, that someone may have some information on it now.. This ad has been running pretty steadily (usually during the daytime) for over a year now and I'd still like to know if anyone knows anything about the music or the composer/s..
I live in the Northwest and am not sure if this particular Red Cross ad runs all over the US or not but it's mostly piano, very haunting (at least to me), and the ad shows people in different places, doing different jobs and the voice over says: "You don't know me, but someday I may save your life".. Indicating if you give blood to the American Red Cross, you may save a friend or neighbor.. I'd really LOVE to download this music, if it's available or, at the very least, find out something about it.. This has been an ongoing search for me and I've looked everywhere for info about it.. I've even written the ARC but they never responded.. I hope someone out there can either help me find it or tell me where I might search for more info on it.. Thanks much.. B)

Well, neither of the websites were any help in finding the correct ad and the music I'm looking for, but I certainly thank you for your time and effort.. While both sites have produced ads for the ARC, mine was not among them.. Sniff, sniff.. :( However, the website you gave me for the ARC was different then the one I had and again, my ad was not among the ones they were showing on the site, so I sent off a new inquiry to this one.. I hope they will respond to my question but they are probably pretty darn busy with more important things, so I won't hold my breath.. :lol: Thanks again, nsklavos.. I appreciate your help.. Keep your 'ears' open.. B)

Well, no luck after contacting this new ARC site for info on their ad music.. They did answer me but, again, was under the impression it was another of their commercials.. I wrote back and explained that the ad I was inquiring about is not the one where people are 'thanking' others for saving their lives, but is the one where there are people going about their daily routines and the voice-over says 'you don't know me, but someday I may save your life'.. The music is piano (for the first part) and then goes into full orchestra, the music is soft and haunting.. They did not reply this time.. I still hope someone can find out some info on and that it will be available for download.. Someday.. :lol:

Hi all.. Still looking for some help on two different ad tunes.. The music for the Clorox 'Green Works' commercial and the American Red Cross commercial that I've been trying to find for a long time now.. The ARC commercial starts out with piano music then goes to full orchrestra.. It has a female voice-over that says "When you help the American Red Cross, you help America".. It shows people simply going about their daily lives while she says, "You don't know me but someday I may save your life", etc.. I've written the ARC but they returned my email with the wrong commericial and have not written back since.. (Sigh)..
The Green Works commercial is fairly new and very pretty.. I'm hoping someone out there knows more about both of these commercials..
Thanks.. B)

Hi again all.. Sigh, well it's hard to believe that I actually posted my first request for any information on this ad clear back in Sept. of last year and still have not received the information that I need to obtain or download this great music.. As mentioned above the ad has been running for a LONG time and is still running today.. I've contacted the ARC several times but only received one reply which gave the info on the wrong commercial.. It seems they only reply once about something then consider the matter closed, even though it may NOT be closed to the person asking.. <_< Typical, I guess.. I wish I had a video camera to tape it and put it on You Tube so everyone could see which commercial I'm talking about, but alas, they are expensive.. I hope someone will read my original request and description and realize they know which one it is and who wrote and did the music for it.. Any help would be most appreciated.. (Hmmm, wonder if I should try bribery).. :lol:

Hi all.. Pushing my requests forward again, hoping maybe someone has finally found some info on the ARC music I'm looking for.. Also, even tho I posted this request under TV Soundtracks thought I'd throw it in here too.. There is a great tune that played last night when I was watching CSI:Miami.. An episode called 'You may now kill the bride'.. The song was played just after the credits when the cops were looking for the football player husband of the dead bride.. Very Techno with a great beat and a voice that was using a synthesizer.. Anyone know anything about let me know, ok? Thanks much, everyone.. :lol:

Still nothing? Nobody? Please someone help find this song. Suzie Q & I have been looking forever! Thank you in advance.

Be well,
Kimberly :peace:

Yep, me too, Kim.. Sigh, I'm not giving up hope though.. A wonderfully helpful person got me the name of the CSI:Miami song I was looking for quick as a fox!
I just hope someone will be able to do the same for our ARC piece.. Damn, I hear it at least 2-3 times a day, surely someone out there knows something about the composer or where we can find out more info on it.. I've written the ARC several times but they only answered me once and that was on the wrong darn commercial.. When I wrote back explaining that and gave them a much better description they never answered back.. I guess it's one request to a person.. I don't know.. :lol: Keep your fingers crossed, maybe will get an answer someday, hopefully before I die of old age.. :p

There was a remake of "Ooh Child" in 1993 by Dino. I haven't seen the commercial, but maybe that's the version you're looking for.

I think the Red Cross commercial uses Beth Orton's version of "Ooh Child."

The one that you say is for the Red Cross with the lyrics "Ooh child, things are gonna get easier" is I think actually a State Farm Insurance commercial. Anyway the song is indeed "Ooh Child" but the artist singing it is Beth Orton. Here's a link to a Youtube "video" featuring the song. I like it too!
http://youtu.be/j0tYkk_B-Cg

Back