Ambient, Mellow Songs

export03

Reaction score
I love songs like the toyota hybrid syngergy drive song, and also the american express song with kate winslet called astronauts by the cranes. If anyone knows of other songs like this, let me know. Thanks

Export03

Try music form artists like Rokysopp, Sigur Ros, Ulrich Schnauss and Mum.

There's also stuff like Another Way by Paul Van Dyk...or Dj Tiesto feat. Ferry Corsten- Dreamtime....and Miss Jane-It's A Fine Day (ATB Remix)....many more suggestions if you need any

Check out the duo Viva Voce and their album Heat Can Melt Your Brain. They've got a song off of that album called "Lesson No. 1" which is featured in a current Motorola SLVR phone commercial. I think that song and that entire album would be mellow for you.

check out "the american dollar" from queens, lots of great ambient mellow stuff. lots of creschendos.

Two I like in a similar vein:

Traveller by Talvin Singh (Kid Loco's Once Upon A Time In The East Mix)
Guitarra G by G Club (Afterlife Mix)

As far as groups, try Zero 7 and The Cinematic Orchestra.

Check out artists like: Honeyroot, Koop, Air, Lemongrass, Dining Rooms.

I recommend the Cafe del Mar and/or Buddha Bar series of albums. Cafe del Mar is up to volume 12 (may be higher) and Buddha Bar is up to volume 8 (may be higher). Each volume is a compilation from different artists so it's a great way to sample several artists at once.

royksopp is a definite! try their song "Remind Me".....it was featured on the GEICO commercial where the caveman sees the ad of a caveman at an airport.

Moby is a classic ambient artist...my personal favorites of his are "Porcelain" and "We Are All Made of Stars".

i know these are out there but some other cool songs are "The WAND" by The Flaming Lips.......and "Seven Days in Sunny June" by Jamiroquai. :D

My intro to this music was Thievery Corporation's "Mirror Conspiracy." I have one of the Buddha Bars too but couldn't tell you which!

Back