Allstate

I described the commercial and even some of the lyrics and emplained that I'm a member of a music forum and that there have been numberous requests to find out the title and artist of the song from their commercial. They responded but only to let me know that they recieved it and forwarded to the correct department. I usually takes companies a while to get back to you on stuff like this though so I'm going to give it another couple days and send it again. But I'm sure the more emails they receive, the more inclined they would be to respond to one of us. :)

are you saying i should send them an email? if so where do you send it to?, what address?

You don't have to but I'm sure the more they get the better. I will keep up with it but the more emails they get then the less likely they are to just push it aside ya know? Well I just went to their website and choose the contact us section and sent the email from there.

http://www.allstate.com/

The contact us section is located at the top of this page. I also told them to let me know if I needed to be contacting another email address or person. Hopefully they will answer this for us. It just sounds too familiar to be made specifically for this commercial but I guess anything is possible. :)

im dying to get the name of this song. it could be a song just made for this specific commercial, ive seen that happen before, drove me nuts.

I just heard that Allstate commercial tonight. My initial reaction was "It sounds like the Grateful Dead...or just the Dead" the guitar playing sounds like their older stuff, and the vocals sound like the guy that still sings for the Dead. I was just as curious as all of you are, but unfortunately, I couldn't find a stitch of information anywhere. I'm thinking that maybe the Dead or some other jam-ish type band did it as a non-credited commercial song, and maybe it's familiar because of the sound. I don't know, but I thought maybe it could give someone some headway...or at least something to think about... :)

Originally posted by gosugod@Feb 17 2005, 05:08 PM
time to send another emial or call by phone!
Patience grasshopper! We cannot force a company to tell us anything they do not wish to. Another email has already been sent out and calling does no good. I'm an allstate member. Those answering the phones do not have that information or know of who you can call to find out. Have you tried sending an email yourself? Or calling yourself? Like I said the more feedback they get, the more likely they are to finally give out this information.

isnt there some genius we can ask? some 500 pound computer geek that lives in a basement...

please dont lose hope mine hinges on you finding this song before it drives me utterly insane i have searched everywhere and i fear to it may have just been done for this commercial but its so bleeping familiar auggggh!!! sent email to allstate via your suggestion holding out hope for sanitys sake

Great! Well, I've sent another so hopefully they will get annoyed enough to answer us. :p

Style of music is similar to songs on the George Michel album Listen without predudice. could be a clue.

Not yet. I'm keeping up with this don't worry but they just haven't responded with the answer yet.

Does anyone have a link for the commercial so that i may listen to it?

Back