Adult Swim bump theme Mambo Gallego

i'm also looking for a song played during adult swim time , i think? on cartoon network. it's from the Siamese Cat song in the Disney Movie Lady and the Tramp. the DJ mixes that in with some beats. man, i love it!! where can i find it? anyone know?

Originally posted by nurse@Dec 14 2006, 05:16 AM
i'm also looking for a song played during adult swim time , i think? on cartoon network. it's from the Siamese Cat song in the Disney Movie Lady and the Tramp. the DJ mixes that in with some beats. man, i love it!! where can i find it? anyone know?
That's "We Are" by Minamina Goodsong from the album "The Transcendental Game of Zen" :)

Originally posted by staples@Dec 5 2004, 10:54 AM
Mambo Gallego is a great song by itself... Tito Puente Rocks!
I agree with you...........Tito Puente Rocks

whats the trumpet song at the opening for the adult swim block?
its got the old guy in the back on the bench.

and whats the up tempo song in the Robot Chicken commericals?
its technoy an with guitar

i tried findin vids but got nothin.

anyone think they couild help out?

Adult Swim is running old-style commercials for their Old School Fridays which includes reusing the ever popular production library song:

"Covert Communique from Our Man in Havana" by D-Code

which is a remix of:

"Mambo Gallego" by Tito Puente
Download it from Amazon.

thanks ^_^

do you know the song for the Robot Chicken commercial?

The one talking about the new episodes i believe.
Its got the techno beat along with the guitar. and the commercial has the snake comin out of the toilet in the beginning and then the guy pullin the dead kid out of the pool, and then the rat execution, and then the crying guy in the car.

im pretty sure thats how the commercial goes.

anyone know the commercial and song?

by the way, i went to that site and i dont understand it. what is it? i attempted to talk to the support guy but he bailed on me and was a bit of a jerk so...

does that site make music for TV networks and shows?

and can i find that song on itunes or get it from them?

Originally posted by megaderk@Aug 27 2008, 11:35 PM
does that site make music for TV networks and shows?
Extreme Music is a production music library -- they license music for use in film and television projects -- their music isn't available to the general public.

Since they do not deal directly with the general public as part of their business, that may explain them being unable to help you.

Looking at the site, "Covert Communique from Our Man in Havana" by D-Code doesn't even appear to be available -- Extreme Music may not even offer it anymore for licensing. Only they would be able to answer these questions.

The only (legal) source of the music would be to download the original "Mambo Gallego" by Tito Puente.

Looking at old threads, it looks like Extreme Music removed the Adult Swim D-Code track from their online library over a year ago.

The song is also known as "Mambo Gallego (D-Code Remix)" (D-Code is the artist, who also goes by the name Dust Devil).

ok. the song i keep hearing on a intro with adultswim, its some girl suckin on a lollipop and the music is in the background.... WHAT IS THAT SONG??? Its driving me insane! lol :blink:

Originally posted by rarefuse@Aug 29 2008, 10:06 PM
ok. the song i keep hearing on a intro with adultswim, its some girl suckin on a lollipop and the music is in the background.... WHAT IS THAT SONG??? Its driving me insane! lol :blink:
I don't know about a lollipop... but this bump was running the week of your post

http://www.bumpworthy.com/bumps/1000

If I may make a correction here - the title of the library version of Mambo Gallego is simply "D-Code" arranged by Dust Devil. That 'covert communique' business was just the description under the song's title. I hate how the internet turns into one globally large game of "Telephone"

Originally posted by NumyMufn@Oct 21 2008, 08:36 PM
If I may make a correction here - the title of the library version of Mambo Gallego is simply "D-Code" arranged by Dust Devil. That 'covert communique' business was just the description under the song's title.
Not sure what the exact information is because "D-Code" is supposedly just another (side project) name for the artist Dust Devil. So some sites say "D-Code" is the name he used for his remix projects, not the title of the Mambo track. His real name is Richard Hinkson.

Considering the library site's difficult interface (and that they removed the track a few years ago?), it is not surprising there is lots of confusion about the title of the Mambo remix.

Can anyone confirm/deny this?

In my opinion, Extreme actually has the easiest interface compared to the other libraries I've waded through. Especially now that they have a search function. But it is true that D-Code has been absent for some time now. Of all the screen shots I have of that library I don't have one of that particular track. I have several people working on the proof you're looking for, but in the mean time I can show you an example of what the library looked like back in 2005. The first seven tracks of the album "Acid Lounge"
"D-Code" was on the 'Loungecore' album, the track catalogue number was XCD055_02 - logically speaking, looking at the example above, the only place with enough room for "covert communique from our man in havana" would be in the description below the title. Indeed, the most telling aspect of this arrangement is the beeping sound he employed, as if using morse code.

I was hoping that I had demonstrated my familiarity with Extreme's offerings thoroughly enough that you would trust my memory, but I guess we just haven't crossed paths enough. :(

Originally posted by NumyMufn@Oct 22 2008, 11:20 PM
I was hoping that I had demonstrated my familiarity with Extreme's offerings thoroughly enough that you would trust my memory, but I guess we just haven't crossed paths enough.
I wasn't "distrusting" your memory -- I was speculating why there is confusion or mistakes about the "title" of the track. Your posts and contributions are always appreciated. :)
I have several people working on the proof you're looking for, but in the mean time I can show you an example of what the library looked like back in 2005
Well there is no need to work on "proof", since I agree with you that "Covert Communique From Our Man in Havana" was simply a description within Extreme Music's interface, since they provide descriptions of styles of music (geared towards film/tv editors, account executives, producers, etc.) for each track. I remember how Extreme Music's all-Flash interface worked when we had to write out steps/clicks how to find tracks on their site in threads in this forum. (This is one of the problems with all-Flash interfaces.)

We've been discussing this Adult Swim theme since 2003, so we've all crossed paths with this "Adult Swim Mambo Remix" for some time now. ;)

I was adding more info (confusion?) to the thread that the artist's real name is Richard Hinkson (which isn't widely acknowledged) and the he has used both Dust Devil and D-Code as pseudonyms. If that's the case, then the title "D-Code arranged by Dust Devil" would be a bit redundant. Again, everyone is welcome to provide more links/info about this, since we want to have as much information as possible that others may find useful.

Ultimately, since this was/is a track commissioned and owned by Extreme Music, it is up to them how it will be titled, labeled, etc.

Back