Acura 2004 TL

I found an East Bay Symphony Orchestra listed in Oakland if that helps.

Check back - this was answered in Jan, think it was.It's by Grieg for piano. This orchestral version comes from "Babe".Track is called "Roundup".

Okay, just saw the ad so I listened to the "Round Up" sample from the BABE soundtrack... Sounds pretty close to me, just different arrangement.

Like the other thread mentioned: Edvard Grieg, "Lyric Pieces Book 4 Op.47: Springdans (Folk-Dance)" I found it on Grieg: Piano Music Vol 8.

Do you guys think it's the same piece, reworked by East Bay Symphony?

Edit to add: I'm obsessed now to find this out... Just emailed the Marketing rep for Oakland East Bay Symphony. Maybe she can provide some info, presuming it's the right orchestra in the ad. :)

Got a response from East Bay Symphony:

Thanks for your interest.

That is the Oakland East Bay Symphony in the commercial.

But the music you hear is not what we performed at the commercial taping.
It was taped over the commerical later (as planned).

I wish I could tell you what the piece on the commercial is, but I simply don't know...though it is nice.

Carl Stanley
Oakland East Bay Symphony

Regarding the music, this was included in my original email: I have narrowed down the song to Edvard Grieg's "Lyric Pieces Book 4 Op.47: Springdans (Folk-Dance)." Assuming the orchestra is involved in this ad, is this the correct piece the East Bay Symphony is performing in the ad?

It was a comercial for an Acura TL, it focused on xm satelite radio. Took place at night while it was driving around. The song was classical and Im almost positive it was from the movie "Babe".

theres an acura TL song, im not sure if this song is made just for acura, but its a classical tune. It is a guy driving the acura, and hes like "call home (or something)" and the car dials home, and it has a GPS system. Its a very catchy classical tune.

well... i foud it out... its called "Round up". I think it was orrigionally composed by Edvard Greg

if anybody could tell me the exact name of the part from Lyric Pieces Book 4 Op.47: Springdans (Folk-Dance). What section, name of the part, etc.

Thanks,
Staples

It is Grieg's Lyric Pieces, Op. 47, No. 6 for the piano and was also in Babe as "Round Up" as an orchestral version. Ive been googling for days now looking for sheet music of the orchestral version. NOT the piano version by Grieg. If anyone knows any place where i can get that sheet music it would be much appreciated!

Hi,

I have two that I'm looking for. One is a car commercial that's been on recently, it shows a man driving through a stretch of open road and how he's using the integrated features such as the navigation equipment and XM radio (to play the song I'm looking for), and he's calling a hotel when he uses the hands free phone. It's a classical piece.

The other is from a Schick (I believe) commercial with all of the ladies shaving and it's a big band 40's sounding commercial, I also heard the song played at a wedding. This one I actually e-mailed Schick about and they said they didn't know, go figure. This one however is from some time ago so I don't know if anybody would know.

Both pieces have no words.

Thanks so much everybody!

You don't remember the car it's advertising in the ad? Someone else was asking about the same ad, but I can't find it in the archives so far... I don't know if they got an answer or not, but the question's out there somewhere.

Do you remember what's going on in the Schick ad, aside from the shaving? How many years ago is it from?

I think the car one is Lexus. If it's the one I'm thinking of then it's the same music used in another ad but I can't find the thread. The music was used in Babe I think and there was something about The East Bay Symphony Orchestra or something. Just can't find it. <_<

The thread I'm thinking of is a more recent question, about the guy calling a hotel and the XM thing... but, I can't find it. :unsure: Is the Babe song from the same ad? (I can't remember what else was going on in that particular ad.)

Haha that's the song. Not to knock the work of Nigel Westlake or anything, but how hilarious is it that the guy in the ad is listening to the babe soundtrack? :D

Well that music is actually by Edvard Grieg as mentioned by Michelle in the other thread. ;)
Maybe Westlake changed a note or two a la Vanilla Ice :unsure: so he could call it "Round Up." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks to all for the hard work you all did for me - I just found this site and the answers to this Acura issue. I should say that I emailed XM radio who use this same tune and a guy from their music dept got back to me the next morning with the correct classical composer etc. Very responsive but he was unable to tell who performed the one on the TV but you guys did!

Hello. There was a commercial that I saw quite a few times earlier in the summer usually on PBS. It was a commercial for a car, I don't know what one sadly, but it looked expensive. The car is driving on a road, maybe through the desert, and it would show a close up of the music player that comes with the car. Classical music plays during the commercial and it sounds like mainly stringed instruments, maybe a flute. It's a peppy sounding song.
Thank you to anyone who knows what it is.

It could also have been a commercial for XM radio, but it took place in a car driving down the road.

Does this help anyone?

It's a song from "Babe," I think, but I can't find the thread right now.... will try looking again.

Back