Across the Universe

BTW I think That "Helter Skelter" might be the U2 cover since Bono is in the movie. Just a guess. ;)

what is the song that the guy is singing at the beginning of this trailer, and it finishes at the end of the trailer?

Okay, I'm not trying to be rude, I just feel that there's some clarification that needs to be done.

If you know the name of the song in the trailer, feel free to post it, as well as a time signature of when it starts (I may do this myself in a day or two to save you guys fromt he trouble).

I think the real question that most of us are asking isn't so much what songs are being played in the trailer, but rather... who's performing them?

I know the soundtrack is all Beatles songs, (sources say about 25 songs are played, and there's in fact much less dialogue in the movie than the trailer would make you think), but from what we know, a large majority (or all of the songs) are covers.

I want to know who did those covers, as well as the songs they did, or how the songs will be listed (title-wise) on the soundtrack.

I'm sure some top producers got together with the actors and worked their magic, but if I were to find the songs via a search, what names would I be searching for?

Originally posted by PrOdIgY@May 7 2007, 03:04 PM
what is the song that the guy is singing at the beginning of this trailer, and it finishes at the end of the trailer?
"Girl" by The Beatles, as performed by Jim Sturgess.

I did a little research, and as I understand it, these are the songs in order of appearance in the trailer:

Originally posted by "Wiki"
In the trailer, the songs used (in order of appearance) are "Girl", "With a Little Help from My Friends", "All You Need is Love", "Helter Skelter", "I Want You (She's So Heavy)", "Hey Jude", and "Across the Universe".

Well at the beginning it's "Girl" by The Beatles and at the end it's "Across the Universe" by The Beatles.

Actually I think the Helter Skelter version that we heard. I think it's Janis Joplin but the song isn't on itunes, but i think maybe all the songs we've heard in the trailer are gonna be on the soundtrack when this movie goes into theaters, let me hear your thoughts what do you think?

Does anyone know who does the covers?

One sounds like its done by dude from Stone Temple Pilots

Are you sure it is the beatles? It sounds like it is a sweet remix....at the end....when it says "Nothings gonna change my world....." I absolutely love the music that the person is singing to.....man....I would do anything for that song....

I have no suggestions for who sings it, but a random comment that it sort of sounds like Ewan McGreggor. :p

I hope that someone will come across the actual singer, though, because the cover is really great (I guess we'll find out if it is the castmember when the movie is released or close to).

I don't know if anyone's been to an AMC theatre lately, but there was a new AMC first look at "Across the Universe" that basically just ended up being a clip of the song sung at the bowling alley.

I was wondering if anyone had been to an AMC theatre and saw that same thing. It's not an official "trailer" so it's not popping up on the official site or "google" for that matter.

Just wondering. I wish I could give you more information, but the only thing I can tell you for sure is that the same tune is definitely NOT in the original trailer...and I was going to see "Live Free or Die Hard" (a rental flick...wait until Christmas and get the Die Hard set).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

In case anyone was wondering, I got the answer after I went back to the movies and recorded this one trailer. I brought the recording back home, wrote the lyrics down, and found them on Lyrics007.com.

The answer is it's a cover of The Beatles' "I've just seen a face."

I can't wait for this soundtrack to come out.

Thanks for anyone how might've checked into this for me.

I was watching the previews at Regal Cinemas, when they showed the trailer for Across the Universe, it was different from the trailers that i saw on youtube, apple, or in the movies own site.

there was only one song and not a mixtape of different Beatles Songs...
i was wondering if anyone else has seen the new trailers. It's also quiet impossible to find the new trailer on any website or place!! EVEN Youtube DOESN'T HAVE IT!! GAHHHHH!!!!!

the song is really nice and dancy kind!!!

yeah so anyone help me plz!!!!

it went like i have seen that face and i want the whole world to know im falling yeah im falling but she keeps calling me back again

the "Helter Skelter" cover really sounds like Nikka Costa. i think she might be playing Janis Joplin in the the Trailer, not sure if she's even in the movie or not.

Back