90s things to do on vacation spot

xvm

Reaction score
It was parodied by The State:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_d5U2mmG1o

...which ran from late '93 to mid '95. I seem to remember hearing it elsewhere with a female vocal singing something about "starry eyes" but that's probably way off. Sorry I don't know the actual company name. It might be Norwegian Cruise Lines. The ads were similar to the parody. Thank you for reading.

YouTube comments say it was a Mastercard commercial. Could that be it?

Have you tried contacting Michael Ian Black (of The State) and asking him about the parody? (You could even try sending a message to his Twitter account.)

Pretty sure they're wrong about Mastercard. MIB wouldn't know but I could email David Wain who edited the sketch. But if I email Wain-o he might not know AND he will serve a takedown notice to youtube for that video like he's done on all the others. I might ask anyway, thanks for the reply

He might! But generally speaking when I communicate with The State I have been directed to and received useful replies from Mr. Wain.

Well now you have us wondering what kind of things you've heard from "The State". ;)

Not much, I just emailed him about some details for my scripts project and he said I could go ahead with what I was doing and he confirmed some details that I've since forgotten. I stopped writing the scripts a long time ago and now it's all coming out on DVD with subtitles so it's pointless. I'll definitely let you know what else I hear.

Back