2010 Lincoln MKZ "Luxury at Lightspeed" Major Tom

New Car Commercial

Okay so there is this song on the commercial for the MK Z car. I don't know what brand it was but this symbol was like a rectangle with a cross in the middle...I don't really know cars...But I know it was an MK Z...anyway the music was kinda dance-y....if anyone can help let me know! Thanks!

-bam

Re: New Car Commercial

Are you talking about the Lincoln MKZ commercial which is featured on adtunes.com right now? http://adtunes.com/ If so the song uses a cover of the song "Major Tom (Coming Home)" by Peter Schilling covered by Shiny Toy Guns

Re: Lincoln MKZ "Luxury at Lightspeed"

This thread should be a nominee for the 2009 Cat Power Award. <_<

Re: Lincoln MKZ "Luxury at Lightspeed"

Just wanted to thank Brian over at Coverville.com for mentioning Adtunes in the most recent Coverville podcast when playing the Shiny Toy Guns "Major Tom" cover in his show.

A newer car commercial

Help! I'm looking for the name of a song from a car commercial...I can't remember the make or model of car! All I can say is that it is a female singer who may be singing a remake of a song from the 80's or possibly early 90's and I think the original artist might have been male

Re: A newer car commercial

Ha ha, for crying out loud that's it...I missed that post!
Thanks!

Re: 2009 Lincoln MKS "Lift Off" Cat Power David Bowie

Well, it's not the Cat Powers version but you can download the Shiny Toy Guns version of Major Tom from Lincoln's website here: http://www.lincoln.com/extras/tvads.asp?id=7

Click on the "Luxury at Lightspeed" commercial and there's an option to download the song. And it's free!

I'd still love to get my hands on the Cat Powers version.

Well, it's not the Cat Powers version but you can download the Shiny Toy Guns version of Major Tom from Lincoln's website here: http://www.lincoln.com/extras/tvads.asp?id=7

Click on the "Luxury at Lightspeed" commercial and there's an option to download the song. And it's free!

I'd still love to get my hands on the Cat Powers version.

I just tried to download this but it doesn't give an option to download. The only options it gives are to "Learn More" and "Replay Video".

I just tried to download this but it doesn't give an option to download. The only options it gives are to "Learn More" and "Replay Video".

It looks like Lincoln removed the "Major Tom (Coming Home)" free download from their site. Will update the Lincoln commercial weblog post if the link becomes available again:

http://adtunes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96216

Well hot damn that was quick. It worked 2 days ago!

Actually I got the link from the Shiny Toy Guns site originally. They make you fill out a form, then it brings you to the Lincoln page anyway. Was thinking I'd save you the trouble of filling out the form but there goes that idea.

Well hot damn that was quick. It worked 2 days ago!

Actually I got the link from the Shiny Toy Guns site originally. They make you fill out a form, then it brings you to the Lincoln page anyway. Was thinking I'd save you the trouble of filling out the form but there goes that idea.
Looks like we spoke too soon since that Shiny Toy Guns link is pointing to the Lincoln website. The song doesn't appear available for download anymore. :(

Ford Twitter

Once again, the answer comes from Twitter:
MSchirmerFORD said:
@jca Our initial agreement w/ Shiny Toy Guns was 30K downloads. They went fast once we hit twitter, facebook. Sorry could not get more
So there is the answer straight from Ford via Twitter. It's interesting that Ford had to strike an agreement with the artist for a limited number of downloads for the "Major Tom" song. Hopefully Shiny Toy Guns will make it available in the future.

Also, how impressive is it that it only took a few minutes to get an answer straight from the company via Twitter?

Re: Ford Twitter

You can now purchase "Major Tom" by Shiny Toy Guns:
Major Tom
by Shiny Toy Guns

Download from Amazon

Re: Lincoln MKZ "Luxury at Lightspeed" Major Tom

Man i signed up just to find this out lol and say thx - great site!

Re: Lincoln MKZ

D'oh -- Should have read to the end of the thread......

my bad. :)

This is Shiny Toy Guns cover of Major Tom.

Last edited:
Lincoln "starlight", "star", something along those lines...

I already looked at the thread that had the links to the Lincoln videos on their website, unfortunately I could not find this one. It was very similar to the ads that play "under the milky way", "twilight zone", etc. in terms of the style of ad, but I haven't heard this one in a while. I really thought that towards the end of the commercial there was a woman's voice saying something about "Starlight" or "Star", something like that. I think it was mostly instrumental until the end of the commercial. Does this sound familiar to anyone??? Thanks!

Re: Lincoln "starlight", "star", something along those lines...

No, that's not it.

I am trying to remember, I think the commercial was for a specific car, of course I don't remember which one, I think a sedan.

I believe the commercial was trying to equate the car to a spaceship which is why the music was saying something about "stars" or whatever. Sorry, I probably sound dumb but this is what I can remember!

Re: Lincoln "starlight", "star", something along those lines...

I found it, it was the "Major Tom" song. I don't know where I was getting "starlight" from (??) Thanks!

Back